Search results

1. C

18" toilet roughin - what is up with it?

orientation for 18 inch rough in The toilet is just away from the wall. There is a 2x4 wall behind it that was new construction and marked off on the floor during install. The sink was also routed by him at the same time and the orientation was painted on the floor (cement) and laid out on the...
  2. C

18" toilet roughin - what is up with it?

I had a plumber put the floor pipes in for a basement bathroom. The drain for the toilet is roughed in at 18 inches from the back wall. I was planning on using an Eljer aqua-save which has a 12 inch rough-in suggested. Did the plumber just screw me on this? I have never seen 6-7 inches...
  3. C

Can I vent New bathroom vent into dryer vent line?

That is what my common sense tells me as well, but I wanted to make sure there was not a 'check valve' of sorts that would allow me to do that. The dryer is electric, but I understand and had thought of the backflow that is why I just wanted to make sure an item did not exist. The only reason...
  4. C

Can I vent New bathroom vent into dryer vent line?

I want to add a ceiling vent to the bathroom. We currently have a washer/dryer setup in the same room just divided by articulating doors. The window that the the dryer vents thru is glass block and to try to avoid tearing that up, is there some way I can tie a bathroom fan vent line into the...
  5. C

How to tie into drain stack effectively

revised intention Thanks Deb. I think this is what you said - I drew it out and I agree with it. I have already bought the washer box, I just wanted to know the best way to hook up a vent like this since my space is constrained and I can't run 3 vents to the roof from where I am working (due...
  6. C

Picture of proposed venting I forgot to mention, there is also a floor drain down streem of the area I am tying into and after that it tees for the sink and shower and stool in the basement. Those have their own vent stack upstream of the shower so I don't think this is a problem for the...
  7. C

I am changing a washing machine from draining into a utility tub to a direct stack to drain into. The drain for the upstairs sink (the dishwasher and kitchen sink drain here) is just on the other side of the wall (30" max) from where I want to put the new drain stack for the washing machine...
  8. C

What size stack for a washing machine?

I did have it drain in the tub previously, my wife and I were trying to get away from that though. We don't use the utility tub downstairs and we were looking at smaller tubs that would still hold the capacity of most washers, but I wanted to put in a direct drain. Now I have made a huge...
  9. C

What size stack for a washing machine?

I am finishing out the plumbing for a basement bathroom. I had someone come do the drains for the shower, sink and stool in the floor. I am doing the above floor work. A drain that was not changed is from the utility tub that the washing machine currently drains into. I want to relocate the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks