Search results

1. Petercat

Kohler K-401 Mixing valve, Cartridge Repair or Replace?

I added a comment to this video that describes the wax motor at the heart of the Kohler thermostatic valve. Here is an excerpt: There is car thermostat shown at 7:00 in the video. The springs do not respond to temperature. Rather, the thermostat contains a "wax motor"...
  2. Petercat

This excellent YouTube video, posted in 2020, will answer a lot of questions, including a two-wrench trick for removing the cartridge.
  3. Petercat

My K-401 has been producing uncomfortably-hot water for a year. We built the house, and which is now 22 years old, and the Kohler K-401 was installed at that time. Our water comes from a well with hard water (about 25 grains). We've had a water softener from day 1, but iron passed through until...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks