Search results

1. Gitngoin

"normal" water pressure

The water pressure on my house was just over 90 psi. I have installed a regulator (yesterday) and have it set to 60 psi. I was told this is the average and considered enough pressure. O.K. I know we have been spoiled by the former 90 psi pressure but it seems that 60 psi is just not enough...
  2. Gitngoin

Mounting shower/tub valve

What is the reason for not bending copper pipe? If it is heated the chance of fracture in very small. I'm in a bit of a bind on this "little" remodel. Need to "tweak" the pipe a bit. Michael
  3. Gitngoin

Single handle valve height I have a single handle shower/tub valve and the instructions (I read them;) ) show an installation height of 26". Well, this old tired back wants this shower to be nice and easy...I want to install the valve at a height of 36 to 40". Is there any problem doing this...
  4. Gitngoin

Bending copper pipe?? Hello again.....hey pros, is it o.k. to heat and bend copper pipe to align pipes in the walls framing.....nothings perfect when adding new to old and a bit of "cheating" is needed.;) TIA
  5. Gitngoin

Broken threaded end of pipe

I have used a Dremal with a ball end bit and CAREFULLY cut two opposing grooves then colapse the piece to remove. Works real well.
  6. Gitngoin

Thanks Chassis...... Is the slip on tub spout the way to go or should I go with a brass NPT nipple? I tend to prefer the old ways of doing things but if the slip on is proven I'll do it. TIA
  7. Gitngoin

No dumb questions right....;) When installing a single handle shower/tub valve how is the valve secured to the framing. The valve does not have "ears" on it. Do the pipes secure the valve? Also, if the pipes (copper) hold the valve the straps are copper....are steel nails used? I know...
  8. Gitngoin

Danze faucets

I am doing a "down to the studs" remodel on the master bath. I am out numbered by girls, nice, and the look of fixtures is of importance. Danze seems to have some real nice fixtures and the outrageous cost can be beat on the web. Are these fixtures, tub/shower valves, sink faucets, of lasting...
  9. Gitngoin

Rain shower, handheld and tub.

I'm redoing the master bath, I want a big rain shower head, wife wants handheld and both of us want a tub spout. Can I get (find) a shower arm witha built in diverter? Is their a better way? We do not care for the spout diverter and I am at a loss as to what to get....does it exist? Who makes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks