Search results

1. Scotty

5 minutes of well water

Limited Water Sounds like a clogged nipple on the well head or a nipple that's been limited. Get a well guy (or gal) to check it out. Guys like us just don't carry the tools that are needed for this limited opportunity job and the rental center wouldn't know what to rent you. S.
  2. Scotty

Air Dam on check valve

Update on air dam After doing some rodding at the aforementioned restaurant, I found that a whole section of four inch pipe was clogged with grease, (nope, no grease trap for the back sink!). And sombody in their infinate wisdom had made a loop basically allowing the flow from that source to...
  3. Scotty

Pressure tank priming

Gotta Agree with Deb The ability to get around controls doesn't mean that you should. And that control doesn't have one as yours does for a reason. If you have three phase electric and two wires are in the same phase, it won't work. You have major saftey issues here. And if she's calling you it...
  4. Scotty

pump issues

Low Pressure on Newer Pump But everything else seems to be normal? Call the plumber. Sometimes the EPA, DNR, Corp of Engineers insist on a anti siphon nipple to inhibit well contamination. Without being there or more input, I am not knowing. ;)
  5. Scotty

new pressure tank no water

What kind of pump? Sounds like a classical Right Church, Wrong Pew! Don't feel bad though! We all make honest mistakes! Just the other day when I changed out a junction box with a ton of wires in it, the compressor for a walk in cooler wasn't engaged due to a three phase hookup and two...
  6. Scotty

how to adjust squared pumptrol FSG2

Diagnostics needed First the system should be tighter than a frogs skin. Get the ducks in a row and make sure there's not any bad faucets in the house or Bossie has her tongue caught in the water dispenser out in the barn. Now air compresses better than water. It's an important thing...
  7. Scotty

Sprinkler pump with pressure tank

Pressure tank is good. Think of when you have a bunch of batteries hooked up in parallel. Same voltage, yet less drain and stress on the batteries. With a pressure tank you may retain a more constant pressure without constantly running your pump. Just like your pump and tank for the...
  8. Scotty

repairing cracked nipple at pump intake (pic enclosed)

Don't glue it! As hydroponics and aquariums meld into one hobby for myself, you made my day! Rebuild it would be the answer. If you can't find the replacement for the plugged end you could put a cap on it and after predrilling a hole, tap it to accomadate whatever size nipple for the smaller...
  9. Scotty

One more Question - Flexible connector for sewage pump

Using rubber for discharge The only problem I have with rubber is when it degrades over time, you need a new one. If there's any kind of stress on it, it'll decrease the service time. As you aren't enclosing it into a wall and leaving it exposed for inspection from time to time, go for it. But...
  10. Scotty

sewer odor

Pump Smell As the pit seems to be pretty well sealed, I would look to the floor drains for the answer. Infrequently used, the traps in them have a way of drying out allowing dairy airs back into the living space. About once a month, put a bucket of water with a tablespoon of bleach premixed in...
  11. Scotty

sewer odor

Bad gas As the pit seems to be pretty well sealed, I would look to the floor drains for the answer. Infrequently used, the traps in them have a way of drying out allowing dairy airs back into the living space. About once a month, put a bucket of water with a tablespoon of bleach premixed in it...
  12. Scotty

clogged drain tile

Joe, More input/intel may be needed here. Usually Drain tiles are buried ontop and with gravel around to limit sediment from entering them. If sediment is the cause, sure an electric may work. If the tile is broken however, unless one of our more sage members have an alternative, I see a shovel...
  13. Scotty

Air Dam on check valve

Recently after a ejection pump change out a few months ago, the check valve doesn't want to release due to apparent air pressure coming from the main waste pipe. The pit is 4 ft from the main cleanout which is the last foot before it disappears into the street. With the cap of the cleanout off...
  14. Scotty

Underlayment for vinyl flooring - screw vs nail

Underlayment for Vinyl Flooring Where conditions exist for water damage to happen, I like to use concrete board instead of wood for underlayment. Installed, using the screw pattern you suggested, there won't be the creaks and the level will be more consistant. If tile squares are used, slight...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks