Search results

1. elgato

Rectorseal Backflow Valve

I have a Rectorseal Clean Check Back Flow valve that needs replacement. It is basically a tube about 2' long that has the back flow flapper attached. The plastic or rubber flapper has become stiff and causes blockage. The plumbing and base assembly are 2' down under a concrete porch. Normally...
  2. elgato

Bathroom Sink Slow Drain

This sink has always drained slow even with new under sink trap etc. Slow and acts like it has a venting problem. Is there something wrong with this plumbing?
  3. elgato

Toto Promenade Fill Valve 2016?

We have a Toto Promenade that is about 4 years old. The original fill valve looks a bit different from most that I have seen. It has a flat blade screw adjustment knob coming out of the top. There are a lot of older threads recommending various versions of the Korky 528. GT, T, Pro, etc. and...
  4. elgato

Toto Drake Question

I purchased a Toto Drake from a local plumbing supply. The Drake 2 was tempting but I decided to stay with the Drake 1 just for the 1.6 gallon Gmax. The bowl is a C744EL. As I was about to install the tank I noticed that it is a 1.28 gallon (ST743E) Does the combination of the C744EL and...
  5. elgato

Copper Service Line Replacement?

The PVC fitting where my service line transitions from PVC to copper cracked at the threads. There is approx. 12 Ft of 1" copper from the transition to the house. It is about 3 Ft deep. While it is exposed I would like to replace the copper and old gate valve at the house with new and a ball...
  6. elgato

Water Softener Where to Start?

My mother in law has decided she needs a water softener. 2000 SF house, Tucson, AZ. City water. She is the only occupant but has ocassional guests. I have done quite a bit of surfing and arrived at the following conclusions. Please correct me if I am wrong. Most big box products are...
  7. elgato

Proper Faucet Spout Length?

Is there a proper or recommended length that a bathroom faucet spout should extend over the sink? A lot of them extend 2" past the edge which seems too close. Thanks
  8. elgato

Specific Flange Repair Request

Concrete floor, 4” ABS with rusted steel flange. ISSUES: 1. Top of flange is about 3/16” below tile. 2. Flange is rusted bad enough that it will not hold bolts much longer. 3. Concrete is not poured up to ABS. Nothing to screw into. 4. Rear tile is about 1/8” higher than front tile. Not sure...
  9. elgato

Breaking Base or Tank question.

Just curious, How often do professionals break either the tank or base? Which is more common? If an installer breaks a new customer supplied Toto where is the liability? Are most licensed contractors going to have reservations about installing customer supplied product? Thanks
  10. elgato

EMax vs GMax?

Today my supplier told me that he could no longer order the Drake but could order the Drake II. This is fine because you can get ADA height, round bowl and Sanigloss. My only concern is that these are EMax 1.28 gal instead of GMax 1.6. Is this cause for concern? Are there any performance...
  11. elgato

ADA Recommendation

I need to replace my Parents' standard toilet with a reasonably priced ADA height model. They would prefer a round bowl. An ADA Drake with round bowl and Sanigloss would be perfect but it appears that it does not exist. Are there any good ADA height units with a round bowl? They may have...
  12. elgato

Best Option for Bathroom Trap?

I am installing a new bathroom vanity. The tail piece is 1 1/4 and the ABS at the wall is 1 1/2. Is it best to use a 1 1/2 trap and adapt it at the tail piece or use a 1 1/4 trap with a 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 adapter at the wall? Or, does it even matter? Thanks
  13. elgato

Bathroom Drywall

I am ready to drywall a 5x8 bathroom. The shower will be Swanstone base and surrounds. I am considering: 1. All Densarmor plus 2. All XP Purple board. 3. Denshield in the shower area with XP or Densarmor everywhere else. On demo the worst damage was in the 12" area where the surround...
  14. elgato

Source for Crane Plumbing?

I need to order a vanity top from Crane Plumbing. Lowes is quoting full retail. Can anyone recommend a source? Thanks
  15. elgato

Vanity supply and drain location?

I am replacing an old 30" standard vanity with a 30" door/drawer type 33" tall. 15" of the cabinet is covered by drawers leaving 15" to work with. Should the drain be centered in the 15" with the supplies on either side? Is 21" high for the drain about right for a 33" tall vanity? Thank You
  16. elgato

Another Flange Question

I just removed an original toilet in a 30 year old house with a slab floor and 3" ABS. The flange is plastic and appears OK and at the correct height. There is about an inch of clearance between the concrete and the ABS which allows the flange to move a bit to either side. Should this gap be...
  17. elgato

Swanstone Panel Thickness?

I cant seem to find it on their site. Does anyone know the spec for Swanstone panels? Also, It appears that most cultured products are 3/8". The installer said to allow 1" to the edge of the valve plasterguard when using 1/2" drywall and a 3/8" panel due to adhesive. Does this sound...
  18. elgato

Wide sweep copper 1/2" 90's?

In my house 1/2 copper 90 fittings with a much wider sweep than the ones at supply stores have been used. The plumbing supply guy said that they are available but not for plumbing use. Whats the story? Thanks Tom
  19. elgato

Swanstone or Veritek?

I purchased a Swanstone SS-3454 shower base from Lowes. However, the box was open and the material feels more like shiny plastic rather than the Swanstone samples. How can I confirm that it is Swanstone and not Veritek? Thank You Tom
  20. elgato

Shower Pan Installation

I just received my 54x34 Swanstone pan. I am surprised at how lightweight it is. I cannot see how it could be installed without a mortar bed. The grid ranges from approx 1/2" at the edge to o" at the center. It looks like a challenge to spread the mortar so that it evenly fills most pockets...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks