Search results

1. Erik1776

Replacing sink, removing disposal, at a loss on how to set up drain..

Would this reversible ptrap be an option? Is that possible to use in this situation, it allows me to fit the wye dishwasher tail pipe.
  2. Erik1776

We have a 1 center drain on the undermount sink, it is a single bowl. My understanding from previous thread is that I do not need an air gap based on local code.
  3. Erik1776

Thanks, I am actually not having a disposal anymore. What I having an issue with is fitting the dishwasher drain while working with such a high waste pipe. am I missing something?
  4. Erik1776

I had a 2 bowl drop in sink (1 shallower to allow for garbage disposal) that I am replacing with an undermount sink. I already chose a sink that was less deep (9' instead of standard 10"). Dishwasher used to drain into the garbage disposal which is not up to code here (IL). I am trying to figure...
  5. Erik1776

IL/Chicago area: Is Shark Bite end fitting for a copper pipe up to code? where to check in the code?

Hi I understand every local code is different but I have a capped copper sink pipe that is 1" too long to fit a new kitchen sink. I am not 100% sure what it is for, maybe act as a hammer arrester or some kind of venting? I am wondering if I could cut it shorter and use this type of Shark Bite...
  6. Erik1776

dishwasher: air gap or no air gap

And just to clarify, this not a double sink. I am just replacing the existing double sink with garbage disposal, with a large deep single bowl with no disposal. The disposal cannot be accomodated with a standard deep bowl and I dont think the half bowl is useful. So it sounds like this should...
  7. Erik1776

HI everyone, I cannot thank you enough for the responses. I have been agonizing about this for weeks and of course, this forum comes to the rescue. In my obsession to get things right, I completely missed the "commercial" in the paragraph I was looking at. Thank you!
  8. Erik1776

Hi all, I am replacing a dishwasher and relocating it on the other side of the sink. I have been told that the current set up does not meet code as the dishwasher drains into the garbage disposal with no air gap. I am also removing the disposal in the new install as it wont fit under the new...
  9. Erik1776

Moving Kitchen in condo: connecting to bathroom intake/waste piping?

Thanks! Do you foresee any potential issues around maxing out the number of fixtures on the existing stack? As it is, I am guessing it is used by 2 sinks, 1 tub, 2 toilets in my unit and probably the same in the upstairs unit. It is a condo building, so muti family residential building code...
  10. Erik1776

Moving Kitchen in condo: connecting to bathroom intake/waste piping?

Hi everyone, we have a weird condo set up and are considering a pretty drastic change that could resolve almost all our challenges with our current place and allow us not to move. Here is the question: What needs to be considered when trying to connect kitchen items to a condo bathroom stack...
  11. Erik1776

Hansgrohe Ecostat S/E shower valve : antiscalding wrongly set up?

Thanks!, yeah I reviewed the instruction manual in detail but the last couple steps were not super clear. Here is another product link, as the product seems to be recently discontinued...
  12. Erik1776

Hansgrohe Ecostat S/E shower valve : antiscalding wrongly set up?

Hi everyone, My contractor finally "finished" the install of our new Hansgrohe universal ibox and Ecostat s/e thermostatic shower valve trim with 2 functions diverter (and the 100F marker at 9pm on the trim). This one Through this process, it has become very clear no one on his crew has any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks