Search results

1. D

Shower Valve Deep Rough-In kit leaks

I called American Standard again with a little more information. It ends up that the shower valve is a R020 "Non Pressure balance" and the tub is a R120. The extension kit DOES NOT work on the R020, per American Standard, and DOES work on the R120. I guess the only thing left to do is cut out...
  2. D

I did call American Standard and you are correct.....they are clueless. He had no tips or tricks to solve the problem and just wanted to send me a new cartridge (even though I told him that I already purchased a brand new cartridge and it still leaks).
  3. D

The three screws hold the metal ring to the plastic manifold. The ring is about an 1/8" thick and holds the cartridge. The stackup is the same on both valves... o-rings, extension, rubber washers, cartridge. Also, I put some valve lube on the extension to evaluate contact at the interface to...
  4. D

Thanks for the response Pete. I have placed a close-up picture of the extension and cartridge at the link below. The interface between extension and cartridge is where the leak is with the torque on the screws at max. I also swapped extensions between the bathtub and shower and the shower...
  5. D

I placed the deep rough-in kits on both my shower and bathtub and the shower one will not stop dripping. The valves are American Standard single handle "R120?". The bathtub has a different manifold than the shower, see pictures, and I don't know if that is the reason the shower drips and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks