Search results

1. Jeremytl

Help size GPM for small house

Nevermind, I just learned that the main switch in my panel is only 100 amps. I would need a pretty stout electrical upgrade for the entire house. I'm back to replacing the tank.
  2. Jeremytl

Help size GPM for small house

I'm replacing a 40 gallon tank heater that is in my crawlspace with an electric tankless heater. I don't have propane or natural gas available where I live. My first question is, can a home pass inspection with a water heater in the crawlspace sitting on dirt? My second question is how many...
  3. Jeremytl

Small bathroom - non-standard size tub remodel

Exactly! Here is a draft of what I had in mind. I really don't see why I can't make it work.
  4. Jeremytl

Not a deal breaker, really, would that be?
  5. Jeremytl

Here's an idea. What if I buy the 30" tub from Lowe's, and notch into the studs in the wall to accommodate that extra 2" of width? Its not like its a load bearing wall, plus I could put some studs in flipped sideways to help support the band above. Thoughts on that?
  6. Jeremytl

the house was built in 1963 so ???
  7. Jeremytl

I could use some advice. We decided it is high time to make some improvements to our main bath, which is pretty small at only 4' x 9'. Our budget is very limited, roughly $1500 to $2000. Part of the project will be tiling the floor. The big part of the project is to replace the tub. I can do the...
  8. Jeremytl

A WTF plastic fitting on old cast iron. Tub drain

Vise grips on a pair of lineman's pliers broke it free, then i had to get under the house and hold the shoe while my wife turned it from in the tub. she humored me just fine. my "catastrophe" cost $36 to repair (after i return the shoe wrench that didn't fit). a plastic waste overflow kit and...
  9. Jeremytl

ease off, i'm listening. i just made my second trip to lowes to get the right tool to remove the tub shoe. i was given the tool on the right at first but, it is too big. it won't go down far enough to engage that cross piece down inside. the tool on the left isn't the right one but it looked...
  10. Jeremytl

This is a struggle for me so I thought it would clear some things up to draw on one of the pics The red arrow points to the drain shoe, correct? The blue arrow points to a fitting that should unscrew, correct? The yellow arrow points to the fitting that is seized. Basically, if I can get both...
  11. Jeremytl

I'm definitely not a pro but I just need some guidance. I can't afford a plumber, period. I didn't know that pipe was plastic until I tightened down on the grounding bracket, who would have thought it was plastic, seeing that everything else is brass, galvanized metal, etc.. So my problem as I...
  12. Jeremytl

House built '63 Cast iron tub built into the walls. I went to replace a part of the drain. Moved grounding bracket to jump replacement section and when I tightened on the bracket I crushed this plastic pipe. How do I go about this? is beyond me.
  13. Jeremytl

whole house filter, AFTER WellTroll tank?

I think I am following you, I need a little translating though. "Bouncing" the switch is bad, right? Basically, the whole house filter needs to be AFTER the pump, right?
  14. Jeremytl

Old Gerber tub plumbing - replacing myself, need help

I decided to replace the tub spout while I was at it. Problem is, the 1/2" copper line out is about 1/2" too long. If I splice it with a coupler I may get it too short. I was thinking about splicing it with one of those push-fit fittings that require no sweating but I'll have to tell the kids...
  15. Jeremytl

whole house filter, AFTER WellTroll tank?

I need to install a whole house filter. Lately there has been a lot of reddish sediment. Should I install the filter before or after the bladder tank? I have a Gould pump under house going to Well Troll tank, then everywhere else. Where should I put the whole house filter?
  16. Jeremytl

Thank you. I got the kit from Lowes. Had to go back to get the seat seal wrench. Turned pump back on. Tons of sediment came out. No leaks though, new kit works. Wonder why so much reddish sediment? Stirred up the well when I turned power to pump back on??
  17. Jeremytl

Hello, Our tub is old cast iron, I want to replace it eventually or cover it, one. But thats another story. Right now I have a bigger problem, the tub fixture is leaking and I can't turn it off. I'm posting a couple pics in hopes of getting some recommendations or advice on how to go about it. I...
  18. Jeremytl

Sudden turbidity in well water

Sorry I didn't clarify, the jar on the right is bottled water, the one on the left is is from our tap (our well water). I'm wondering what a ball park figure is to have a well servicing company come out and do the general maintenance you are talking about. I'm having someone come out tomorrow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks