Search results

1. Jono2

leak in valve of 3-hole sink - replace it?

Hello... The hot tap/handle on our three-hole sink is leaking in the spot I'm pointing in the attached photo. (I've pulled off the handle to show it). It's the interface between the part that actually twists when you rotate the handle and the stationary housing of the valve. Given that, does...
  2. Jono2

Water hammer - without changing anything, intermittently

Recently, a few minutes into taking a shower, I'll hear pretty violent water hammer. It does NOT occur response to changing the valve in any way - not touching anything. It doesn't happen right away and also goes away after about 20 seconds, without changing anything. I'm trying to figure out...
  3. Jono2

Delicate flange height adjustment

Goal: I'm trying to move a toilet flange 1/2-3/4" upward. It's pictured just sitting in the hub until I figure out what to do. If I put it at the target final height it just barely touches the inside of the hub (not tight or securely/deeply). The height of the level (silver part) shows the...
  4. Jono2

Replacing weird toilet flange

Redoing our whole bathroom, and after ripping out the subfloor, noticed . Hoping someone has seen this before! Maybe it's just normal and new to me. 1) Is this a normal elbow and the flange inserts into the elbow? (but I don't see a joint on the inside.) 2) is this a weird flange that goes...
  5. Jono2

Fitting2fitting junction - trying to salvage.

I'm putting an in-wall toilet in our tiny bathroom, and so I'm redirecting the old the toilet waste pipe. There is a 90 degree sweep (shown in photo) that I need to rotate (or replace and rotate) 45 degrees as shown by the red arrow, so it points towards the wall and can hook up to the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks