Search results

1. Diane Kesling

Low pressure after replumbing bathroom

We have found the problem! In the 2 inch to 3/4 inch connector that is under the house there was a hickory nut wedged in the 3/4 inch side. Thanks to all who offered advise. I am going to go take a shower and wash all my bed clothes abd fill up the pool and.....
  2. Diane Kesling

And the only thing that was touched really between when it worked properly and when it didn't was turning off the water main under the house. That gate valve has been replaced by a ball valve but the gate valve seemed fine. It doesn't make sense
  3. Diane Kesling

The valve at the water meter was shut off by my husband before he replaced the main water valve under the house. The low flow issue started before that valve was turned off though
  4. Diane Kesling

Thank you for your help. It is 20 ft sections that we did install ourselves and yes thats a lot of joints. Each pipe has a bell and gasket and there's a bunch of them. What gets us is we turned off the house water to move pipes for a new shower and all was fine pressure was fine then we removed...
  5. Diane Kesling

Oh yes I'm sure on that. Will send pictures when we get the line dug up under the house. May be a couple of days before we get that done. Know what you mean about playing gopher.
  6. Diane Kesling

It is 200 psi 2 inch pipe comes in 20 ft joints. We installed it 12 years ago. There is a sleeve over the 2 inch to 3/4 inch junction that then goes under the house
  7. Diane Kesling

Our next step is digging up the line from the house shut-off valve to where it connects to the 2 inch pipe
  8. Diane Kesling

We did shut off the water at the meter and replace the main shut off valve. We have 1500 feet of 2 inch pipe. Can you use air pressure on that much line? As you can tell we are trying everything we can cause locating a plug in that much line is gonna be horrendous. I don't know any video camera...
  9. Diane Kesling

Yes it is city water. We didn't change out the meter. We changed out the regulator. We did call the water company. They said no leaks. If I'm reading this meter right one of the cycles it goes through says 6. 52 p with either a minus sign or some kind of vertical hash sign in front of it.
  10. Diane Kesling

We had no noticeable pressure problems before this and the problem exists on a tap before the regulator.
  11. Diane Kesling

Yes it is and we've even replaced the regulator and the main house shut off valve( the old one was wide open) We bypassed the check valve cause we didn't have a new one ..nothing has helped
  12. Diane Kesling

I will get one of those and try it but on opening that spigot I get the same initial good flow and then a huge decrease as I get in the house. There is a gauge past the regulator that we can see is 60 lbs until we turn on on water then it plummets. From what I've read this is a sign of blockage...
  13. Diane Kesling

60 lb pressure at regulator with no water used. The water line t There is 60 lbs of pressure at the regulstor under the house when no water is being used..drops off sharply when water is turned on in the house. The water meter is 1500 ft from the house. The regulator is under the house. The...
  14. Diane Kesling

After turning off main water valve to house I have low flow and no pressure .replaced regulator, main shut off valve and bypassed check valve at the water meter. No help. I have a long run of 1500 ft 2 inch pipe that has worked fine for 12 years. I would appreciate any ideas .
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks