Search results

1. BillH1961

New plumbing

We just had our 1969 house re-plumbed with all pex lines and a new softener installed. (Added a bed/bath.) We are on a well. Line from well to house is 1” then reduced to 3/4. We also had a manifold installed. Never had any issues before. Now if we have 45 psi at the manifold and turn a faucet...
  2. BillH1961

What filtration according to this lab report

According to this lab report what filtration should be used for this well from start to finish? There’s 2 adults and a teenager in the house. One bathroom. We’ll is 140’ deep and water comes out of the vent when the well is not being used.
  3. BillH1961

Abandoned well question

W Will it still draw from the bottom if the water level drops below the 25’ as it’s pumping?
  4. BillH1961

Can y’all recommend the best filter

This is the report I have for my well in the mountains of western North Carolina. This well is only 140’ deep and water comes out of the vent when we’re not using any water, so it’s a spring. What filtering system do y’all recommend for it? I have a pro aqua we’ll series 1E but it’s not cutting...
  5. BillH1961

Abandoned well question

I can’t find anywhere that it tells what type or quantity of media. It’s a Pro Aqua We’ll Series 1E. The manufacturer is sending new media for it. But suggested a prefilter saying it’s clogging up, but all my test results are within their parameters. I’m gonna send a sample after the filter to...
  6. BillH1961

Abandoned well question

There are two wells on the property we bought in the mountains of North Carolina. The well serving the house is 140' is and has water coming out the vent when the well isn't being used, it also has a lot of iron, 1.680 ppm as fe is what the report says, it also say the ph is 6.39. For this well...
  7. BillH1961

New Well pump low pressure

yes the pressure tank is at the wellhead
  8. BillH1961

I do, I’ll go get a reading, the first time I checked the pressure was on the T at the pressure tank
  9. BillH1961

I have the 230 between terminals, didn’t have any trouble last week before the other pump went out.
  10. BillH1961

I intend on ordering a csv. The pump I replaced was a 1/2hp, 10gpm. Not sure what size the pressure tank was because it’s buried, I’m guessing 40 gallon +-. With it being an artesian well I have no idea where the water level is during drawdown in the well itself, the people we bought the house...
  11. BillH1961

The pressure switch is about 3” above the well cap. Water is at the top of the well head and coming out of the overflow/drain pipe within a few minutes of the pump shutting off. I have 230v. I also pulled one pump wire and have 120v on both so I know wires are good down to the pump and back.
  12. BillH1961

My well pump sits at 140’ deep. Not sure the actual depth of the well, but it is an artesian well, I live half way up the mountain. I replaced the pump, pressure tank and switch and added an automatic backwash filter. The new pump is a zoeller 1/2hp, 12gpm, 2 wire, 230v. I have an 86 gallon...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks