Search results

1. GoTanklessToday

York diamond 90 pilot not staying lit

Have him use some light sand paper or grit cloth on the flame sensor. Clean it up and it will probably work like a charm. (I have that same furnace)
  2. GoTanklessToday

Tankless water heaters

We've been out on quite a few calls where a custome can't get the heater to perform well. Only one time in many has it been related to a failed part. The other issues were owner induced, or failure to install the unit properly to begin with. Gas line sizing seems to be the number one issue...
  3. GoTanklessToday

Water heaters electric or gas?

I believe it truly depends on the area where you live. Like Jadnashua says, costs vary wildly. Out here in the pacific northwest, our customers get twice as much hot for half the cost by switching from electric to natural gas. Propane and electricity seem to be about the same. Standard gas...
  4. GoTanklessToday

White-chalky substance plugging all faucets

Lighten up there Officer Friday.... I guess I should have clarified that I was just joking with that remark... I didn't realize people woudl take me serious. Of course I don't seriously suggest that kind of thing. Actually, a customer of mine tried that trick... I had a good laugh at his...
  5. GoTanklessToday

Pour a quart of water on the floor just before the plumber gets there...
  6. GoTanklessToday

If you check the age of the water heater, you will likely find that the mfg date was 1993-1996. During this time, all water heater manufacturers were being supplied with faulty dip tubes. This created a huge class action lawsuit, and many thousands (millions?) of dollars worth of service...
  7. GoTanklessToday

Water heater implosion

No, you cant use that type of tester. It needs to be a meter type, something that is powered by battery, or other means to get the needle or reading to register. As for the insulation, you should have a plastic cover plate for the stat that you installed. If you have a hard time finding...
  8. GoTanklessToday

Water heater implosion

No, each element takes 240 to heat. 120 is always at each element, with the stats deciding which will get the other 120. The proper size breaker and wire is dependant on the wattage of the elements. (or the other way around..)
  9. GoTanklessToday

Hot Water heater Connections

Where I'm from, we use flexible copper connectors that are designed to attach to galv fittings. You must use dielectric union if you are going to run your copper water lines straight to the heater. And by the way, its a cold water heater, not a hot water heater. haha
  10. GoTanklessToday

Low water px

Clean the aerator....
  11. GoTanklessToday

Where to connect hot water recirculation line at water heater?

I wouldn't say that either way is the right way, I've seen it done both ways equally. The reason we would prefer it to go down the dip tube is that if its done right, you don't have to do any re-work when the heater is replaced in the future. Also, removing the drain valve and altering the "as...
  12. GoTanklessToday

On-demand H2O heater shuts off

It was an ignitor. Thankfully, this was a double install, and the cust was getting by on one heater. We don't yet stock many parts, but we always have a good stock of different models of heaters. If a cust is in dire straits, we would just "borrow" a part, and replace it when we get the part...
  13. GoTanklessToday

Where to connect hot water recirculation line at water heater?

Concur. Make sure you install a boiler drain before it enters the heater to purge the air. We go shutoff, pump, boiler drain, shutoff, into tank.
  14. GoTanklessToday

In this case, we're betting this is not related to a malfunctioning heater. Its a flow issue. But it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Our hourly rate is no more on tankless than if we were coming to repair a tank heater. Our service call is $99.00 and that buys you 30...
  15. GoTanklessToday

First off, check the filter and clean as necessary. I suspect that your trouble is related to your shower head. If you are using an older shower head that may be restrictive, replace it with a new 2.5 gpm model. Your Pronto is going to deliver 2.4 gpm at an 80 degree rise. You need a minimum...
  16. GoTanklessToday

Hot water furnace

We call those "air handler" furnaces. There is likely a tempering valve on the outlet so that you can run the water heater higher than normal. Try turning the water heater up, but do so with caution, as the tempering valve may be out of whack. If it isn't workng to fix the problem, or if the...
  17. GoTanklessToday

Anyone seen the Vertex?

Although I am a licensed plumber, I have spent the past 20 years specializing in hot water systems. I have installed thousands of water heaters here in Seattle and I see no trending to which brand is better. I replace just as many Rheems, BW's, State's (Kenmore, Reliance), Americans...
  18. GoTanklessToday

Anyone seen the Vertex?

A supplier employee here put one in his home, he says it sounds like a 747 taking off. Glass lined, 3 gpm. Limited life expectancy due to the glass lined steel tank, but I'm sure they will work well in the right applications. Not on par with tankless, but it looks like a viable option in some...
  19. GoTanklessToday

Garburator problems with installation

No. Cut, replace, enjoy. Or hire a plumber...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks