Search results

1. bricktop

Water Filtration Round 2

I also use a Katalox Lite (AIO3) system for Iron (~1.1ppm) and Manganese (0.5ppm), and it works excellent with sediment and turbidity as well. My well water is a light murky yellow; coming out of the Katalox filter it is crystal clear. It's been running for a month, backwashing every other night...
  2. bricktop

Looking for opinions on this water treatment setup

Measured the pH using a LaMotte kit, and looks like it's currently sitting at 10.5. Will see how this varies over time. Water tastes good though. I think some people pay a lot for this Alkaline water stuff. Since hardness is zero, most of the alkalinity then here must be from hydroxyls.
  3. bricktop

Just to follow up, I went with a new AIO3 injection filter with katalox lite and a 48k softener, both with Clack WS1 valves. Iron is gone post-filter and water is crystal clear, but I will monitor for a while with a Hach IR-18. pH is high, as many have experienced and mentioned, and that...
  4. bricktop

That would make more sense for this system. The tank in there now has a mfr data of 2015, maybe the old one needed to be replaced due to iron buildup. Another thing I noticed in this system: The second micronizer just before the air separation and contact tank is installed backwards. Would...
  5. bricktop

Some updates... Was able to remove the micronizer to measure unrestricted flow. Pump produced about 9 to 9.5 gpm with about 25 psi at the head, which should be enough backwash flow for an oxidizing filter of size appropriate for the house. When testing flow with the micronizer removed, the...
  6. bricktop

That gives me hope I'll gave good flow for backwashing a newer iron filter. I'm not sure where the micronizer bypass is set to, but since I have no plans on keeping it, I didn't bother adjusting it, I just want to know what my pump can do without it in place. There is an air separation tank...
  7. bricktop

I thought about doing that. I think the problem is it's easy to pull more than the pump's capacity (at least currently with the micronizer in place) from an outside hose bibb, so the tank drains and pressure drops below what would normally be the 30 psi low pressure cut-out ... then you have to...
  8. bricktop

I saw those and they are interesting. The Cycle Stop Sensor was the pump protector I got. My one concern was that I might need as much flow as I can get (for the iron+manganese filter), and that it will add a bit of restriction. Depending on how things go, if my pressure tank ends up going, I...
  9. bricktop

Agreed. For some of these iron filters, a large amount of flow is required for backwash. Currently tested at the tank tee I'm getting 7gpm (both with the tank drawdown measurement and refill timing method, and the fill from a bucket with the tank empty and pump running method), but there is that...
  10. bricktop

The test kit was from my local university, it was sealed and I followed their instructions to a T. It's possible, but given the test at inspection was also positive, and at some point someone prior to that must have also tested positive (given the UV light), I think its there. Whether or not a...
  11. bricktop

They look almost identical to the product below. Same purpose, it seems? https://www.water-softeners-filters.com/parts/softener-parts/waterite-w-988-air-injector.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4PLHzaic7wIVCInICh1SfgDkEAQYASABEgIj2PD_BwE
  12. bricktop

Hi all, new member here, and recently new homeowner. This place looks to be a great resource I'm sure I'll be here often as we continually get this place back in order. To preface, the previous owners of this house lived here for 3-4 years and, from everything we gathered, did not invest in or...