Search results

1. Mort

Garbage Disposal Question

I bought the Evolution (?Excel model?) to replace a seven year old Pro77 towrads the end of last year. After the plumber installed it he switched it on for a test and had to re-check the power hookup as he didn't think it was working......it was....good stuff...even does celery and corn cobs...
  2. Mort

ADA really needed..?

I replaced my standard (1986 vintage) height toilets with Toto ADA height units (Soiree) only because that was the only height they came in and I wanted the style and features of that model. It's amazing how much more comfortable the extra inch or so makes. You don't think much about it until...
  3. Mort

1.6 gallon flush to become illegal?

As a Kaleefornian, I don't quite get the rational for HET fixtures. Last month my water bill was $40 (roughly) and of that only $4 was for the cost of the water.....the rest was/is connection fees and sewage fees. I replaced three 3.6gpf toilets with 1.6 units this year and an older top load...
  4. Mort

Moisture coming up through tile grout.

If the house is built on a slab foundation, I think I'd be calling a plumber that specializes in leak detection. Enough water pressure to be able to push through grout sure sounds pretty serious. Mort
  5. Mort

Should the big 3 auto-makers be bailed out?

Fixed it for you
  6. Mort

Should the big 3 auto-makers be bailed out?

Kind of a tangent, but as of today, Mattel has over twice the market cap of GM.....whoda thunk:eek: These car guys are kind of pikers in the great 08 bailout mania.....hecks fire, AIG alone is up above $150B with no upside in sight. Please write your representatives and urge them to help...
  7. Mort

90000 gallons and no obvious leak?

In my 2000 sq ft three bath house, my average water consumption is 625 gallons per day for two people. However, that includes landscaping...which I'm sure is most of the usage especially during the summer. Sure seems like a lot, but each year I'm using 40% of what the water company alocates...
  8. Mort

Lowering Your Rates

There's iron in those words kimosabe. With todays economic conditions a service (and/or goods)provider becomes more of a target. There's quite a few people ready to sue at the drop of a hat. I've lost a couple of pretty long term customers recently that decided short term costs were better...
  9. Mort

Taxation and Misrepresentation

Hmmm....not one mention of government greed...of course it's greedy only because it wants to help;) Mort
  10. Mort

Toilet options

No longer entirely true. When I was looking for my Soiree(s) (manufactured in Georgia BTW) the local Lowes had them listed on their system as a special order item. Howsomeever, I didn't care to pay their quoted MSRP price. Mort
  11. Mort

grrrr leaking Price Pfister kitchen faucet

Call Price Pfister with your make and model number and describe the problem. They'll either send you replacement parts or a whole new unit. A cartridge replacement didn't solve a leaking problem I had with one of their faucets and they sent me a whole new unit at no charge. Four years...
  12. Mort

American Standard heaters

Not a plumber, but I replaced a 40 gallon American Standard just last year with a new Bradford White. The Am Std unit was a "five year" heater that lasted about 11 years.....and still had no problems, just thought it was time. Mort
  13. Mort

Furnace Filters size

Consider it cheap insurance to protect your unit. The one for my Carrier HVAC system is about $75 and I change it in the spring and fall. When I have it serviced each year the inside burners, etc are nice and clean. Probably a little over kill on my part, but the unit looks and runs like...
  14. Mort

Good elongated toilet with lever on front of tank

Ya have to trick yourself and think of the cost pro-rated over the life of the product;) Throw in 20 years of inflation into the mix and the Soiree is pretty close to free.:D Mort TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite
  15. Mort

Need Advice: Repair or replace system

When I replaced mine about four years ago it was around $4500 for a 13Seer (mind is blank but 3 ton rings a bell) variable speed unit with new furnace. It was a pretty R&R type job....no wall type modifications were necessary. I'd expect the prices today would likely be 20% higher (at least)...
  16. Mort

Good elongated toilet with lever on front of tank

Even better than the looks of the Soiree (which I think is kind of classy) the thing(s) WORK!!! Mort (who loves his three Soirees)
  17. Mort

Need Advice: Repair or replace system

If it's the same shop that put refridgerant into a leaky system to begin with I think I'd look elsewhere for future repairs or replacement of the system. Being a twenty year old system, it likely uses a coolant that is no longer manufactured (ie freon) and is usually only available recycled at...
  18. Mort

Paint Recomendation

I didn't get very good life out of the Behr products. For exterior (especially) I think Dunn Edwards works better than anything I've tried. Mort
  19. Mort

To have employees ... or not

:D You'll probably never know :D Mort (who got his best laugh of the day)
  20. Mort

To have employees ... or not

I hear that. Made it 24 years (so far) and have had a few retirees and such over that time but have been fortunate enough (or maybe it's good management skills ;)) to find good people as replacements. Had more employees in the past when it seemed like a good idea to "grow" the business but it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks