Search results

1. N

Problems removing a bathtub spout

The Solution I was replacing the spout so cosmetic damage to the old spout was not an issue. Simply applying a little heat with a torch broke the corrosion - man, there was a lot of corrosion after 12 years of use - and a little pressure with a 10" pipe wrench and the old spout came right out...
  2. N

Trying heat This is a threaded type with a copper threaded nipple sweated to 1/2 inch copper tubing. I have been since told that a litle heat with a torch and a little turning with a small wrench should break the corrosion. I'll get back with the results.
  3. N

I have a Symmons Temptrol in my bath that is about 12 years old. I would like to replace it but I cannot back the old one out, probably due to corrosion. Is there a trick to this or an I stuck to carefully cutting it out? I haven't put a lot of force on the old spout as I don't want to break...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks