Search results

1. Bubb1957

Generac NG generator

Considering buying a Generac 8Kw natural gas generator. What would it cost me to run for 24 hours at half load with a Nat Gas price of .63 per ccf? I am not sure how to do the math on this one. It will use 77 cu ft per hour at 1/2 load and around 139 cu ft per hr on full load. Thanks
  2. Bubb1957

Korky refill valves

Are there any other valves other than Korky that will work in the Toto Drakes? I have to replace the Korky about once a year. Its not that expensive, but are there any other options out there?
  3. Bubb1957

CEFIONTECT

I am about to purchase my second Toto Drake. I am trying to decide whether to get the CEFIONTECT. I need some opinions from those of you who have gotten toilets with the CEFIONTECT.
  4. Bubb1957

Stevens S5710 sump pump

I recently installed the Stevens ss57a 1/3 hp sump pump. It has the diaphram/pressure type switch. It works great, except for the fact that in each cycle, it seems to suck air for a second or so at the end of the cycle. It does not look like there is any way to adjust this switch. Is anyone...
  5. Bubb1957

New sump crock

I am going to replace my current 18x24" sump crock with a 30x36" crock. My current crock is actully set higher in the floor than in should have been, and my pump short cycles alot, especially with heavy rains. I would like some opinions on whether its better to keep my current 1/2 hp Zoeller...
  6. Bubb1957

dewatering wells

Is anyone on this forum familiar with "dewatering" wells? Would dewatering be a practical way to lower the ground water table around my home? I realize it would probably be expensive, but would it be effective ? Tiling and other options have been explored, I have no outlets to drain into...
  7. Bubb1957

Zoeller sump pump recall info

Zoeller has a recall on their website, appears to be for some sump pumps... https://www.zoeller.com/en-na/
  8. Bubb1957

Stay away from Simers

Last year after a sump pump burned up, I bought a Lifetime warranty 3/4 hp Simer with a vertical float switch. (Bought it before I started reading this fourm). It lasted about 4 months before the switch failed during a heavy rain. Simer would not refund my money, and sent me to Sears. Sears...
  9. Bubb1957

Laundry discharge

I have read somewhere on the web, that laundry discharge will ruin a sump pump. Is that because of the lint? or because of the harsh detergent or softner ingredients? I would think that lint would not be a major issue becasue many pumps will pass "small" solids.
  10. Bubb1957

New Drake

I finally took the plunge and replaced one of my toilets with the Toto Drake. The actual install was fairly easy for someone who has never attempted it before. The only trouble I encountered was a rusted out flange, and after the wife made a trip to the hardware store for the repair flange kit...
  11. Bubb1957

Outdoor sump pump?

I live in an area with an extremely high water table, and my sump runs about every 5 minutes, and with 1 1/2 or 2 inches of rain, will run as often as every 45 seconds for a day or so. I have gone thru many tether and vertical switches, and am currently trying the "sump watcher" float switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks