Search results

1. Bubb1957

Question on Zoeller Pumps

Performance wise I am not sure there is a difference between the 53 and 57. I prefer the 57 for the quality and the cast iron impeller vs the plastic impeller in the 53. I have never tried the levelguard, but have generally not had much luck with the electronic type floats/sensors. For the...
  2. Bubb1957

Question on Zoeller Pumps

N53 (no switch on the unit) with a SJE Rhombus Vertical MasterSwitch #1003590 is your best bet for a great pump and a reliable switch with a decent on/off range. The SJE switch is very reliable, has a long life and is easy to replace, dont have to pull the pump out of the pit to replace it.
  3. Bubb1957

Generac NG generator

Considering buying a Generac 8Kw natural gas generator. What would it cost me to run for 24 hours at half load with a Nat Gas price of .63 per ccf? I am not sure how to do the math on this one. It will use 77 cu ft per hour at 1/2 load and around 139 cu ft per hr on full load. Thanks
  4. Bubb1957

Buying a new sump pump - Zoeller with aftermarket switch?

The Zoeller with the switch attached is indeed the M53. You can also find the N53 which is the version without a switch. Do a google search for the SJE Vertical Master Pump Switch. Easy to change out if/when it fails and you can set the levels you want for pump on and off.
  5. Bubb1957

Coleman sump pump

I am not familiar with Coleman/Franklin. I would stay away from "Big Box" store brands such as Simers, Flotec, Rigid, etc. Sure they carry a "lifetime warranty" but my last lifetime pump lasted 3 months and I was replacing it at 2am with water pouring into the pit. Stick with Zoeller...
  6. Bubb1957

Ace in Hole works, but wont discharge any water when connected as backup

Get away from the Big Box brands, Simers, Flotec, Rigid, and get a high quality pump such as Zoeller, Stevens or Hydromatic to name a few. The Basement Watchdong will be fine for a back up, but I am not sure how they function as the Primary pump. I would think they would be a bit noisy as...
  7. Bubb1957

Experience with Stevens sump pumps?

just an update of the stevens ss57, still going strong for about 3 years, flawless. A record for my active sump pit. I have had a Zoeller m53 on the shelf for years, but would never use a Zoeller unless I put on an external switch. Zoeller pumps will run forever, but like most others, the...
  8. Bubb1957

PHCC Pro Series Combination Sump Pump Systems

I have the Pro Series 2200 back up sump for over 4 years now, and have been pleased with its reliability. Its performed fine the several times its been needed. Not sure about the primary pump/back up combo.
  9. Bubb1957

HELP!! How long can I leave on a utility water pump?

I would think the utility pumps would need to be under water to stay cool. Lesson learned should be 1) get a good quality back up in the crock, 2) avoid simer and flotec in the future
  10. Bubb1957

Toto Flush lever complaint

Hardware Even with the few "nickel and dime" problems I have had with the Toto Drakes, I am still happy with them, and would purchase another Toto if the 2 I have need replaced. As Terry stated, the handle hardware is not made by the toilet manufacturers, and I think are probably not foreign...
  11. Bubb1957

Toto Flush lever complaint

I have the same problem today, thats why I visitied the forum, to try and find out where to find the plastic locknut. The hardware store generic replacement would not fit properly! Kind of disappointed to have no choice but to buy a new flush lever instead of an inexpensive locknut.
  12. Bubb1957

Korky refill valves

My valve starts to "sputter" now just before its done filling, I may just try to quick fix you mentioned, but after doing more research on here and other sites, I ordered a Lavelle 528T. 5 year warranty on that one and will fill the bowl a little more also.
  13. Bubb1957

Korky refill valves

Are there any other valves other than Korky that will work in the Toto Drakes? I have to replace the Korky about once a year. Its not that expensive, but are there any other options out there?
  14. Bubb1957

Sump Pump Discharge

I am not sure about the capacity of the 1 1/2" line, but if you have a big enough pit, consider a dual pump system which alternates pumps. http://www.aermotorwindmills.com/zoellerpackagesystems.htm. Google duplex pumps, several good systems out there...
  15. Bubb1957

WTB: vertical float with about 10" travel OR double float

Do a search on Stevens Pumps..the S5310, S5710, and S5010 all have a 12" start and 3/12" stop, which gives you 8.5 inches difference. They have the pressure diaphragm switches, which some do not care for, but have been very reliable for me so far. http://www.stevenspump.com/sump-pumps.asp
  16. Bubb1957

Basement Systems Inc. Triple Safe Sump Pump

I would definitely check out other web sites as ballvalve suggested. Also, what is size of the pit? It looks very small, may not be able to pump alot of volume with each cycle. The principle is good, but I would be looking at upsizing the crock/pit. Will be awful crowded in that pit by the...
  17. Bubb1957

sump pump and smelly water...

Maybe try a product similar to bio-clean. Do a google search on it. The bleach option would probably be cheaper, but thats another option for you.
  18. Bubb1957

Serious sump pump issues - help!!!

duplex system http://www.do-it-yourself-pumps.com/zoeller-pumps-page16.pdf
  19. Bubb1957

Serious sump pump issues - help!!!

pm IBK..i sent you a PM on this ....
  20. Bubb1957

Homeowner On a Budget- Sump Pump Installs

Beware of Flotec I speak from experience. The Flotec 3/4 hp with the "lifetime" warranty will let you down sooner than later! Mine lasted only 4 months each time, I also have a very active pit. I now use Stevens SS57a, so far so good. Your Zoller set up looks good, although the switch will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks