Search results

1. Phatbrain

3" PVC stack into Cast iron cleanout

Gotch - thanks HJ. The confusion on pipe / tubing sizes is one that I battle constantly. Phat
  2. Phatbrain

3" PVC stack into Cast iron cleanout

Pipe Sizes - now and then Greetings Snelson, I’m curious about your 3.5†pipe. A common mistake with pipe is trying to measure it with a tape measure. If your clean-out plug measures 3.5â€, then what you have is a 3 inch pipe. It’s kinda like trying to find 2 inches or 4 inches on...
  3. Phatbrain

Unexpected Problem...

All them duckies... Agewon, Yup, you got it!!! It was a perfect example of why we have over-flow drains. Plumber2000, You're saying I've gotta be smarter than the tub? Somedays that's a stretch. Phat 46+ years of of being a Plumbing User :p
  4. Phatbrain

Unexpected Problem...

I recently pulled out all the 40+ year old galvanized water pipe and replaced it with 3/4 copper runs & 1/2 feed lines. Now my tub fills too fast. It used to take the better part of an hour (well, it seemed like it) to fill, now it's minutes. Now I have to pay attention to it. What am I to...
  5. Phatbrain

Wanted - Odd Faucet...

Greetings all, I'm looking for an unusual looking bathroom faucet. The photo attached below shows Kohler's Bol. It’s odd and I like it, but I'm wondering if you might have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phat
  6. Phatbrain

NYC reglazing companies > tubs > tiles > sinks

"Where Homeowners get advice..." Not free advertising for private companies.
  7. Phatbrain

Clogged Bathtub -- Difficulty With Shaft in Overflow Tube

Stoppers I lifted this image from Peter Hemp's book (and used without permission I might add...) "Installing and Repairing Plumbing Fixtures" - Taunton Press. It may help.
  8. Phatbrain

Toilet tank wobble

My Toto tank The attached photo shows one of three "points" on the tank which contact the lower section. When these touch, there is still a gap, but no more than 3/16". I'm wondering if the tank to bowl gasket is up side down, effectively making it thicker? :confused: Phat
  9. Phatbrain

Clean out plug is stuck

A little trick... This has worked for me, but I don't know anything and it's not my fault... Take two hammers (size doesn’t matter :), but I use small ones) of equal weight and give the fitting a sharp rap at the same time on opposite sides. Repeat the rapping around the fitting. Good...
  10. Phatbrain

Delta lav stem, Who made this?

hj, Did that - been there… As I learned along time ago "Good judgment comes from bad experience.†Phat
  11. Phatbrain

need your plumbing expertise!

Fine Homebuilding Forum Brodiesmama, This topic of stinky stuff has come up often on the Fine Homebuilding online forum. You might ask there as well. http://forums.taunton.com/tp-breaktime/ As I learned of this Plumbing forum there, giving them a plug only seems fair. Phat
  12. Phatbrain

Delta Thanks Terry, The Renton McLendon's was my next stop, posting here was a preemptive strike just in case. And the parts always accompany me going to the store its so much easer to just say I need this. Phat
  13. Phatbrain

Greetings all, This valve stem and seat (one of two) are from my tub/shower faucet. I just finished re-plumbing my home and because of the increased flow & pressure the seat sees, it now leaks. Attached is a photo of the offending item. Any idea who the manufacturer is, so I can easily find...
  14. Phatbrain

Weird Water Meter

That is the consensus here at work too. The speculation being that it's the shut-off that predates the installation of the meter.
  15. Phatbrain

Weird Water Meter

Greetings all, The attached photo shows my water meter. What I can't identify is the tapered pentagonal object to the lower right of the shut-off valve. It is firmly attached to something, but not the valve body, as I can push it out of the way to turn the shut-off valve. Any ideas...
  16. Phatbrain

Bathtub Reglazing - anyone have it done?

Greetings all, I'm concidering having my tub reglazed, any comments or recomendations? Thanks, Phat
  17. Phatbrain

Pipe broken at bell joint

Dave, Use a drill bit just slightly smaller than the space between the bell and the spigot - don't wanna crack the cast iron, and fill the lead full of holes. Then dig out the stuff left with a screwdriver.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks