Search results

1. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

I'm actually going to use a small awl and hammer and do it ever so gently. So, I'll be chipping for awhile. I do appreciate the warnings. Someone else mentioned 50/50 solder. You said lead solder. What is the difference?
  2. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

I'm going to keep chipping away at it - so to speak! I sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks!
  3. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

Thanks for the response. I have attached a couple of pictures. It may be a bit difficult to tell but the lead drain bend is out of shape. Right now I am attempting to trim back the tile and some of the leveling cement and thinset so that the flange will sit flush on the tile.
  4. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

Thanks again for the response. I am in New York City and PVC is still not code here, therefore the lead drain bend is sleeved to cast iron. I got the deep brass flange but it appears to fit on the oustide of the lead drain bend. The drain bend has been pushed out of shape to where it is...
  5. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

Thanks for the reply. This was new lead, when the floor was open. I didn't even realize it was lead until I was looking for a new toilet flange and realized that the pipe wasn't round, it was bent, so realized it had to be soft. I came to this forum and discovered it was lead. I would have...
  6. D

Lead Drain Bend Question

I think I have a real problem. In a bathroom remodel the plumbers left a 4" lead bend with about 6 inches above the new floor height. The tiling contractor cut the lead bend even with the floor, (about 1/4 inch above the tile). I cannot take up the entire floor to replace the lead bend. I gather...
  7. D

Lead bend below floor height

I think I have a real problem. In a bathroom remodel the plumbers left a 4" lead bend with about 6 inches above the new floor height. The tiling contractor cut the lead bend even with the floor, (about 1/4 inch above the tile). I cannot take up the entire floor to replace the lead bend. I gather...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks