Search results

1. fast pasquale

union leak

In my basement i have a union that just started to leak. Its joins copper and galvanized i loosened it and noticed there was a rubber washer at the copper side. I just loaded the threads with teflon paste and it seemed to stop. Is this accepatable or just a quick fix???
  2. fast pasquale

green sludge in washing machine

every so often i get a build up a green sludgy material at the top of my washing machine where the fabric softner goes in. Any ideas what it is or how to stop it. I've never had this problem with any other washers. thanks
  3. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

Well I just tore down the ceiling which was all lath and plaster. There is a crown molding still in place. The joists are 3/4 of an inch above the crown. What is my best method to put this celing up. Should I use 1/2inch furring strips on the joists then use 1/4 drywall? Thanks so much in...
  4. fast pasquale

damaging new equipment???

new hp fax/scanner/printer/copier is on the way. Im thinking about setting it up with my old (6yr) computer that is probally full of viruses and is slow as heck.. My ? is could i do any damage to my new all in one device from hp if i connect it to my old shabby computer???
  5. fast pasquale

York diamond 90 pilot not staying lit

I have a tenant who has this furnace and says that the pilot won't stay lit and it keeps blowing cold air. any ideas?
  6. fast pasquale

HELP! boiler leaking everywhere

So i posted some previous threads regarding turning off the heat at a rental property of mine for the past couple of weeks (im in cleveland oh).. its been real cold (1-10degrees).. turned everything back on yesterday and everything looked fine... no leaks in any of the copper lines which is...
  7. fast pasquale

radiator no longer gets hot

Well ive been wondering why the living room is so darn cold lately so i decided to feel 1 of the 2 the radiators in the living room and one of them no longer works.. I think it stopped working around xmas time. I know i was standing on it to decorate the tree and thought i may have screwed up...
  8. fast pasquale

Playing with fire??

So i own a rental property in Cleveland, Oh. It's a side by side unit with 1 of the units vacant.. It's been about 2 degrees here for the last few days. About a month ago i went into the unit and turned on all the faucets... then shut off the water to the vacant side. Next i turned on the...
  9. fast pasquale

zoning 1pipe systems

So i've been debating for years whether or not it saves $ on the gas bill to zone off rooms that i don't use in the winter. I shut off 2 radiators on the 2nd floor and shut off the 2 on the 3rd floor. The result is a cold 2nd and third floor. I know of some people who will shut off the...
  10. fast pasquale

radiator won't heat up

I removed my radiator (one pipe system) in the bathroom as I remodled it. When i put it back it no longer gets hot. Wondering what went wrong. Im aware that it should be pitched toward the pipe.. which it is. The pipe isn't warm at all... any ideas?? thanks so much
  11. fast pasquale

screen door

I have to install a screen door (98 dollar one at home cheapo).. i have limited carpentry skills... any tricks of the trad I should be aware of before i get going with this one.... thanks!
  12. fast pasquale

banging steam pipes

i have a one pipe heating system in a house bult in the 1920's. I noticed at times the pipes bang...extremely loud. My plumber told me it was due to the pitch of the pipes. In a rental i have it does the same thing. Why does it do this and what is the fix???...Thanks so much
  13. fast pasquale

winterizing a house

i live in cleveland ohio.... i have a bunch of rental properties and have a few vacancies right now... my question is do i have to completely winterize the house if i am not intrested in keeping the heat on or can shut off the water to one side of the unit (vacant side)..bleed all the pipes...
  14. fast pasquale

compression vs sweat

ive installed a bunch of shut off valves this week most were on toilets and used the "speedy stop"....1/4 turn.....compression fittings... no one around here carries this in a sweat connection... so i guess my ? is how much better is a sweated connection as opposed to a compression fitting...
  15. fast pasquale

full site glass

i have a boiler in a 1929 rental.. the boiler is about 8 years old.. i have a two pipe system. I noticed today that the site glass was full. i opened the "flush out" boiler drain and let out about 3 gallons of water. it dropped to half full again. I notieced this happend last year on the...
  16. fast pasquale

installing a pressure red. valve and a thermal tank

Well i just purchased a pressure reducing valve and a thermal expansion tank. My question is the house is a side by sided duplex...roughly 3k sq feet..(4 bdrms on each side) will this one tank be enough?.. also can i put the pressure reducing valve on the main line that is running from the...
  17. fast pasquale

leaky wh from overflow tube

i have a bunch of rentals and in two of them the overflow tube leaks on the water heaters. Is this as simple as installing a pressure reducing valve?? do i ALSO need to install a expansion tank?? why does this happen.. thanks in advance!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks