Search results

1. fast pasquale

union leak

Thanks guys.. I am fully aware that the galvanized needs to get replaced eventually. The union IS soldered on the copper side. I just wasn't sure if teflon paste was acceptable where there was a rubber washer. I made the repair last night and not one leak so far.. just trying to avoid the...
  2. fast pasquale

union leak

In my basement i have a union that just started to leak. Its joins copper and galvanized i loosened it and noticed there was a rubber washer at the copper side. I just loaded the threads with teflon paste and it seemed to stop. Is this accepatable or just a quick fix???
  3. fast pasquale

green sludge in washing machine

every so often i get a build up a green sludgy material at the top of my washing machine where the fabric softner goes in. Any ideas what it is or how to stop it. I've never had this problem with any other washers. thanks
  4. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

I'm in cleveland ohio. My home depot carries 1/4 drywall, along with 1/2, 5/8..
  5. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

really??... it's a 80 year old house, triplex. 4bdrm 1st, 4bdrm 2nd, 3rd single. I am referring to the living room, on the 2nd fl unit. The roof is roughly 5 feet, directly above where the ceiling would be when installed. This is why I am replacing it b/c of nail holes that were never filled...
  6. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

thanks Lee....I put up 1 board to test the gap (5/8)... and it looks like it should work great.. the gap will be minimal at the most.. Much appreciated.
  7. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

Thanks guys... Im leaning toward using 5/8 rock and leaving the crown up.. then caulking.. I will be texturing.. so this should help the gap a bit also..
  8. fast pasquale

Drywalling a ceiling

Well I just tore down the ceiling which was all lath and plaster. There is a crown molding still in place. The joists are 3/4 of an inch above the crown. What is my best method to put this celing up. Should I use 1/2inch furring strips on the joists then use 1/4 drywall? Thanks so much in...
  9. fast pasquale

damaging new equipment???

new hp fax/scanner/printer/copier is on the way. Im thinking about setting it up with my old (6yr) computer that is probally full of viruses and is slow as heck.. My ? is could i do any damage to my new all in one device from hp if i connect it to my old shabby computer???
  10. fast pasquale

York diamond 90 pilot not staying lit

fixed it!! thanks so much!!..Vent was clogged with snow!!.. cleared it out.. and wallah!!... Why can't all repairs be this easy!!!!!???...The whole damn city is under 3 feet of snow!!
  11. fast pasquale

York diamond 90 pilot not staying lit

I have a tenant who has this furnace and says that the pilot won't stay lit and it keeps blowing cold air. any ideas?
  12. fast pasquale

HELP! boiler leaking everywhere

First off.. thank you for always answering my posts, I REALLY appreciate it. Yes i do have an automatic boiler feed. I think i know what the bypass valve is.. it's right next to the feeder.. about 4 inches long or so. It looks like it makes a 45degree or so angle to the pipe? I believe it...
  13. fast pasquale

HELP! boiler leaking everywhere

So i posted some previous threads regarding turning off the heat at a rental property of mine for the past couple of weeks (im in cleveland oh).. its been real cold (1-10degrees).. turned everything back on yesterday and everything looked fine... no leaks in any of the copper lines which is...
  14. fast pasquale

Shower Handle w/NO SCREWS???

Does it have a lever??.. if so you'll need a small allen key to remove it first
  15. fast pasquale

radiator no longer gets hot

Well this morning i came downstairs and about 25% of the radiator was hot. The rest on the first floor were hot throughout (100%)... so i guess it's a start....Things i did yesterday to try to fix it were: move the lever on the vent from closed to open, gently tapped on the pipes with a hammer...
  16. fast pasquale

Playing with fire??

the site glass was empty first... the low water cut off kept coming on.. so this is when i turned the water on for this unit. it filled up.. site glass was at 3/4 full and pretty much stayed that way.
  17. fast pasquale

radiator no longer gets hot

Well ive been wondering why the living room is so darn cold lately so i decided to feel 1 of the 2 the radiators in the living room and one of them no longer works.. I think it stopped working around xmas time. I know i was standing on it to decorate the tree and thought i may have screwed up...
  18. fast pasquale

Playing with fire??

ok.. so i went into the house today and it was 28 degrees. i turned the water back on along with the heat and within a few hours got it up to 55 or so...... and amazingly no leaks... I really think i got away with one here. It's a two pipe system (gravity?) and as i turned the system back on i...
  19. fast pasquale

radiator won't heat up

now i have a small leak... i was using pipe dope (teflon paste).. is this good enough.. I know some use rector seal.. what would you guys recommend?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks