Search results

1. Stefaan

Need help identifying the source of a bad smell in the bathroom

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having a very similar issue and it's been about a month now. Almost positive it's not plumbing related but the smell is not fading (like a decomposing mouse would).
  2. Stefaan

Help with tub rough-ins (w/ pics!)

I apologize that it seems like I'm ignoring all of your advice, please remember that for a novice this is somewhat difficult to wrap your head around. It's very frustrating to me that, not a single person that I have talked to in real life here in CT says I need anything other than this pressure...
  3. Stefaan

Hey all - just wanted to give an update to this project. I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended this pressure balancing valve to limit the temperature and prevent scalding. I was able to simplify the plumbing of the rough-ins quite a bit too, thanks to a lot of your comments/concerns...
  4. Stefaan

Yup, gotcha....I'm going to see if I can just get another thermostatic from the manufacturer so that it's easily serviceable and meets all requirments. Thanks again for helping, Stefaan
  5. Stefaan

I hear what you are saying...seems excessive for a simple hand wand, but I will do some more research. Thank you for your input!
  6. Stefaan

I believe Westport, CT adopts 2015 IPC. Is that what you meant? You need to be able to set a max temp for a tub faucet?? All I'm worried about is scalding my kid in the bath with the hand shower...
  7. Stefaan

Main reason is that I already purchased hot/cold valves and a diverter so I'd like to work with that instead of paying a bunch more money for a 2nd thermostatic valve and matching trim.
  8. Stefaan

I just talked to my sales rep and it turns out I can mount the valve bodies vertically which will save me a lot of space. In regards to scalding, he said that he was aware that the shower was required to have a thermostatic valve, but sells tub filling assemblies all the time and was unaware...
  9. Stefaan

Hi Wayne, thanks for helping out! I understand what you are saying in regards to needed the thermostatic mixing valve VS just a pressure-balancing valve. Sounds like the simplest thing (since I will need to access this valve sooner or later) would be to have a non-remote thermostatic valve in...
  10. Stefaan

Can anyone give me input here; couldn't I use a remote pressure balance valve like the following link to solve my problem with minimal modification...
  11. Stefaan

I hear you, but that's just not how I do things. I am capable, of doing this well, maybe not as fast, and not without the advice of experts, but this is just how I learn new things. And yea, it would suck if I had to tear open the wall someday, but I've hired people to do work before and I'm...
  12. Stefaan

Ok, that makes sense. So basically, instead of a hot and cold valve for the tub side, I need to have a thermostatic valve and a single volume control like the shower does, right? There's no way to just use the one thermostatic valve that I already have for everything?
  13. Stefaan

No worries, I should have started with the diagram. I'm happy I posted though, I've learned a lot already – being forced to explain to the point where others can understand is always helpful!
  14. Stefaan

Help with rough-in plumbing (pics!)

Thanks so much for getting back to me - making some progress on another thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-tub-rough-ins-w-pics.91686/#post-660093
  15. Stefaan

Hey All, I really appreciate you trying to make sense of this with me instead of just giving me a hard time for not being a professional plumber. I am determined to figure this out. I have drawn up a crude diagram that shows the east wall with shower and south wall with bath setup ( I probably...
  16. Stefaan

Yea, me too. So there is no way to use a separate hot and cold valve and prevent scalding?
  17. Stefaan

"Off the wall" meaning unconventional, right? So could I just add an in-line pressure balance for the bath setup to prevent scalding?
  18. Stefaan

That is correct, 1 diverter valve and 2 volume control valves. This is all sourced by Bender. The only thermostatic mixing valve is for the shower on another wall. So, to be clear, hot and cold pipes come from the basement, branch off to either the shower (a thermostatic valve and then volume...
  19. Stefaan

Hmm, ok - I have hot and cold lines coming in from the bottom. Each goes through the respective volume control and t's into the bottom of the diverter valve. From the diverter, the hot/cold mixed water goes to either the tub filler (between hot/cold) or the shower wand (right of diverter). Does...
  20. Stefaan

I understand that this is not professional by any means and could be considered frightening. I should have waited another day to take a picture when things are a lot less haphazard, but if there is something that I'm doing here that is extremely wrong can you tell me so I can learn and make it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks