Search results

1. Deandome

Specific, "Which One of These Two Models?" Question...

Thanks! When I said 'stones', I used quotes to infer that I knew (assumed) they were calcium/mineral deposits that has built up into large 'clumps'...not actual rocks from the well. And that level of deposits in a 6-7 yo heater would suggest that there were several years when it was heating...
  2. Deandome

Specific, "Which One of These Two Models?" Question...

Hi, and thanks for your help! Note that I'm being specific here; I consider myself a good (if not obsessive) when it comes to researching purchases like this; I've searched thru & read a lot of great info on this site before making this post, We moved in our current home a year ago, have...
  3. Deandome

Can I Replace Auqanot's Pedestal Pump w/a Submersible One?

I have an Aquanot II battery-backup system (the one w/the big, 25A charging unit). The pump is about 16 y.o., and not sounding quite the same as it used to. I like to be safe, so I want to replace it, but I really would prefer going with a smaller, submersible 12V pump instead of the big...
  4. Deandome

Lower Hot Water Pressure w/NEW HW Heater!!

After the install, the pressure was evenly balanced, or at least a lot more balanced than it is now. I'll try a flush this weekend & see what happens. I don't think I'll take out the inserts yet, as again, things were fine at first. But I also don't want to mess w/my dielectric joints too...
  5. Deandome

I thought about that....I have no idea HOW, though. Not so much the 'input'...I'd just connect the hot & cold connections w/a valve at 1-2 sinks. But I don't have a lotta room to 'play' from the top of the WH/dielectric joint & the ceiling, so finding a way to collect the back-spewage would...
  6. Deandome

Cost of Installation

I put in my first HWH about 4 weeks ago... Getting it in the house/basement & the other one out was the only challenge, and that's cuz I only had my wife as a helpler. But I am pretty adept at sweating copper...I've worked w/black iron gas pipe...I knew what I was doing, so it's hard to...
  7. Deandome

Sump pump questions ...

Umm...how do I dance around this properly... ;) One could THEORETICALLY simply reconnect the outlet to the previously-used sewer line. When houses are sold/bought/inspected, people do (and should) whip up the 'legal' outside-pipe setup so as not to be...well, illegal. But once you're in...
  8. Deandome

We had the dreaded disintegrated intake tube problem, so we replaced the gas HW heater about 4 weeks ago...flushed & cleaned every outlet & cartridge (faucets/tubs/showers) and things were great. I even removed two bath cartridges to get maximum, right-outta-the-pipe pressure for the flushing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks