Search results

1. JohnD

looking for smallest water softener...

Rain X and a squeegee will take care of your water spots on your glass shower door.
  2. JohnD

American or foreign made?

The round front Cimmaron uses less space the the Eljer Titan, I'm not familiar with the Toto Drake, someone else could probably tell you the dimensions.
  3. JohnD

Plastic Tubing Compression Fittings

Try using a plastic ferrule instead of the brass. Don't know why but sometimes it just won't seal with the brass.
  4. JohnD

Matching Whites

Usually there is enough seperation between tub, toilet, and sink that your whites differences won't be noticable. Due to lighting, shadows, and other colors in the room, even if they were identical they may not look exactly the same once they are in place.
  5. JohnD

Steel, Fiberglass or Cast/Tub Replacement Questions

Sterling tubs are solid acrylic. Aqua glass, Lasco, Universal Rundle are some of the bigger names in fiberglass tubs. I don't have a recomendation one over the other. I have sold the Aqua glass fiberglass tubs and they seem to be well made, much better than their acrylic tubs. Each material...
  6. JohnD

Jacuzzi vs American Stand. vs Maxx Whirlpools

Watertech sold by Lowe's has the availability for upgrades on your pump system, they also will custom build your tub to your specifications. They are online at http://watertechus.com/ .
  7. JohnD

Where have all the metal fixtures gone?

They stock the lower quality models because the general public doesn't want to pay for quality. You can buy any Delta faucet made, and any other Delta product accessory. There are many in stock and many more available to order. The main problem is that most consumers now have the W@!m@rt...
  8. JohnD

Where have all the metal fixtures gone?

You can still buy quality towel bars, and other types of bath fixtures. http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal/deltacom/BathFeatures/Accessories and guess what? Thats right you can buy them at Lowe's.:cool:
  9. JohnD

Bed and Breakfast toilet switch

With the performance of today's 1.6 toilets, the demand for 3.5 toilets isn't what it used to be. Save yourself some time and pitch them while you have dumpster on site.
  10. JohnD

Frameless shower door enclosures

My personal favorite is Basco.
  11. JohnD

Installing plastic tub - mortar bed?

The guys at the big box stores are bigger toolbags than me, so I'd rather take the advice from pro's like you guys rather than from someone who pretends they know it all I've been doing this for 8 years and working @ a big box the last year mostly for health insurance. I would imagine that...
  12. JohnD

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

The only difference between the two is the heighth of the bowl. The Am. Std. Cadet 3 is in the top five ranking in consumer reports for toilets in it's price range. The 3 is the size of the flush valve on the toilet which Eljer started with their Titan model in the DIY market, and now Am...
  13. JohnD

noe angle shower doors

You can use any door that is made for your shower's size. Basco has a cross reference section in their catalog that will match your shower to their door. You may pay a little more for the Basco, but you will get a lifetime warrantee. You will only need to retain your original PO# when you buy...
  14. JohnD

PEX And Freezing Winter Temperatures

HJ how true, that is hilarious. Mark I'm located 70 miles west of you. This last week I sold out of every type of pipe heating material that I had in stock. Then last Sun. after all was gone I had a guy come in and give me heck because I was out, and he had driven 52 miles. I just looked at...
  15. JohnD

What is your favorite faucet?

My answer is simple for me, Delta. They are simple to install, simple to find parts, and simple to repair.
  16. JohnD

Aftermarket Heater for tub with jets

You can purchase a Kohler heater for your tub and it would be sure to fit. Jaccuzzi makes an inexpensive one, but I can't tell you if it would need retro-fitted to mount on a Kohler tub.
  17. JohnD

Can I attach brass valve to plastic pipe?

I wouldn't use teflon tape on your compression fitting. You definately want to use plastic ferrules. There also pex quick compression fitting that can be used, (3/8x3/8x1/4) very simple cut your pipe slip your 3/8" line in the top and bottem, and 1/4" in the side. Attach to your fridge and...
  18. JohnD

Hi! need shower/tub combo buy advice

American standard makes a 48" porcelian covered steel tub. It is only like 27" to 29" wide though. You would need to either tile for your surround,or get a glue up that is five piece so that it could be cut down, and still be able to cover your cuts in the corners. Kohler also has a 48"...
  19. JohnD

Any suggestions and ideas

Jaccuzzi has addressed the issue with bacterial growth in the lines. They now have a system that you can purchase and periodically flush it through your system. Air jets also will help with this, but there is considerable more cost involved. On another note: I am a salesman for one of the...
  20. JohnD

Wife wants a Water Softener. Bad idea?

As in a previous post you can use potassium instead of salt to clean your resin beds. You can also run a hard water hose bib, prior to your softner. Here we are allowed to run the drains from our softners into our sewer systems.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks