Search results

1. Eddy100

Taping in a smart switch into another switch

Good news is the box is the always hot side of the 3 way. The bad news it's a very tight fit with three total smart switches . I have two three-way switches in that box, that really only need to be one switch. I looked at a wiring diagram online of a three-way switch, and I am pretty sure this...
  2. Eddy100

Thanks! Yeah the smart switch has Wifi and connects directly to the router/internet. From the internet it will trigger Alexa/Smart-things routines. Ideally I would use a battery powered switch (similar in concept to a Lutron Pico remote) that connects to a hub to trigger routines- but amazingly...
  3. Eddy100

I have a two gang electrical switch box, with one blank switch, and one normal switch that controls a light. I want to place a smart scene switch in the blank gang and be powered off the neighboring switch. The smart scene switch can trigger scenes (which I need) , though can also control one...
  4. Eddy100

Does this need to be replaced?

So I recently replaced the hot water heater just downstream of this fixture, and the plumber who, did didn't say anything about the attached. Another plumber who was in the closet shortly after , said that the rust in the the bottom of the pressure meter is a leak risk and I should replace...
  5. Eddy100

Getting different opinions- should I fix this connection?

I have a light drip that has been occurring for about 6 months from my hot water heater. It's light enough that no water builds up, just some dampness in the pan. Two plumbers have told me that no action is required and eventually the connection will calcify. Another plumber today told me he...
  6. Eddy100

Replacing sink shut off valves with little slack in the pipe

My current shut off valves have surface corrosion due to (what I believe) is from household cleaners stored under the sink. I'm not really sure how much of a risk they are in their current state or if it is even actual possible for shut off valves to rust through but would feel more comfortable...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks