Search results

1. ddmoit

Connecting 3/8" PEX to a standard water shutoff

Hi folks. I just moved to Tennessee from Michigan. I'm installing an under sink water filter. It's a unit that uses 3/8" PEX on both ends. The connection piece that they gave me to connect to my cold supply is useless for my circumstance. What's the best way to connect PEX to a standard...
  2. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Hi folks, I'm replacing a leaky concrete laundry tub and I've run into a drain problem. As I was attempting to loosen the elbow joint from the vertical pipe coming out of the floor, the pipe itself started rotating. I did not anticipate that. I have no idea what kind of connection is there...
  3. ddmoit

Well Water Quality

I'm pretty satisfied with the way my well water tastes coming out of my under-sink filter. But I know that taste alone is not a good indicator of actual water quality. What's the best way to go about having my well water tested in Southwest Michigan? How often should I do it?
  4. ddmoit

New Gas Water Heater

I'm in the market for a new gas water heater. From what I gathered from a search on this forum, I should be fine going with any of these brands: Rheem Ruud Richmond Bradford White Additionally, I should avoid Whirlpool. The good model is about the same as the best model. I've...
  5. ddmoit

Bauer Water Softeners

Anybody know anything about this brand? http://www.bauerwater.com/main.html
  6. ddmoit

tank tablet for rust/hard water

I have seen the advice against using those blue tablets in the tank. What about white tablets for treating rust/hard water stains? I saw some at my local Ace Hardware today. Will I get "white goo" instead of "blue goo"?
  7. ddmoit

My Own Personal Lift Station

Shortly after moving into our current house back in June, the drains started slowing down. It soon got to the point where we couldn't use them. A fantastic plumber investigated our problem and quickly (7 minutes!) determined that although we are on the city sewer, all of our waste goes to an...
  8. ddmoit

Threading PVC

This is my first post in the general plumbing area of this great site. I've posted in the well forum before though. Is it possible to thread an existing PVC part? I have an Oatey drain piece that would solve a problem if it were threaded. I'll attach a picture if I'm allowed. Thanks!
  9. ddmoit

Where Should the Whole House Filter Go?

Great forum guys! I have a private well with a jet pump and a pressure tank. I would like to install a whole house filter to eliminate some iron sediment. Overall, the water quality seems fine. It's drinkable without a filter, but I use an undersink filter for drinking water anyway. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks