Help with fixture relocation - drains

Users who are viewing this thread

VladE

Reaction score
Hi I have few questions regarding my set up. Wanted to check with those who have more experience before I go any further. Renovating a bathroom and moving some fixtures around. Any and all advise is much appreciated.

Toilet
- placing a toilet where shower used to be. Capped old 2" drain and ran 3" from main stack. about 5 ft from the stack. I consider this to be wet vented. Concern is if the last bend before going up through the floor is allowed?

Shower
-photo is taken from the drain location of the shower. 2" running into the main stack after making a 90 degree turn. this is about 6 ft away. I think this set up is ok.

Sink
- location of sink will be on the wall. 1.5" drain line into the shower 2" line. Vented into the stack on top. Placed a clean out. Think this can serve as vent for the shower although wetvent for shower given the distance seems to be allowed as well. Here I have the most concerns:- I may be using the wrong T going into the shower line based on other threads? Replace with DWV Wye ?

- 1.5" drain from the sink joins shower drain at 90degree and then there is another 90 to the stack. Is this too much turning. Read on the forum that more than 135 degrees is questionable ?

Thank you kindly for reading this long post.
DSC_1282.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Wet venting the shower requires a 2" line on the wet part.
I'm assuming that the shower is on the left of the photo.
Also, the santee gets replaced with a wye or combo.

Last edited:

Plumber.308

Reaction score
Hi I have few questions regarding my set up. Wanted to check with those who have more experience before I go any further. Renovating a bathroom and moving some fixtures around. Any and all advise is much appreciated.

Toilet
- placing a toilet where shower used to be. Capped old 2" drain and ran 3" from main stack. about 5 ft from the stack. I consider this to be wet vented. Concern is if the last bend before going up through the floor is allowed?

Shower
-photo is taken from the drain location of the shower. 2" running into the main stack after making a 90 degree turn. this is about 6 ft away. I think this set up is ok.

Sink
- location of sink will be on the wall. 1.5" drain line into the shower 2" line. Vented into the stack on top. Placed a clean out. Think this can serve as vent for the shower although wetvent for shower given the distance seems to be allowed as well. Here I have the most concerns:- I may be using the wrong T going into the shower line based on other threads? Replace with DWV Wye ?

- 1.5" drain from the sink joins shower drain at 90degree and then there is another 90 to the stack. Is this too much turning. Read on the forum that more than 135 degrees is questionable ?

Thank you kindly for reading this long post.
View attachment 39516
I see a Tee on it's side, that is a no-no. Also the Tee's upside down on vent would not Pass in Michigan. And shower will have to be vented also. Flood Level Rim of highest receptacle? Agree with 3"x 2" Left hand sanitary tee.

VladE

Reaction score
Hi
Thank you both for you responses.

I will replace the the santee where 1.5" sink drain joins the shower 2" wet vented drain with a wye and a 45 degree elbow to create a wide turn. The shower line is 2". In the picture I am standing more or less on top of the shower drain (yes,left from the photo). The sink will be the highest fixture and vent connects well over a foot above that. From the vent joints up is the roof and vents all join together and go through the roof. There are no fixture above this level.
is a dedicated vent for a shower a must. line is 2" and run is about 5-6 ft with the p trap
should I assume that if the line starting from the sink joining the shower drain and then turning into the stack for a full 180 is non issue.

thank you a ton
Vlad

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks