Bathroom layout

Users who are viewing this thread

ThomasF

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to get a second opinion on this plumbing layout.

My biggest worry is the venting of the branch, but I've also heard stuff about the toilet shouldn't come last?

U6yel.png

Hoping to receive any advice we can. Right now we aren't into the project, we just need to figure out a layout that works because we'll need to eventually build out some walls and cut through the concrete slab.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will either want the toilet downstream, or vent the shower before it hits the main line.
The toilet works best if it enters on a wye fitting. Normally I offset to the side to pick that up, and not vertical. The wye and combo fitting on the vertical take up a lot of space.
And dropping a toilet into a santee is horrible. The waste goes both ways and winds up blocking upstream.

Reach4

Reaction score
but I've also heard stuff about the toilet shouldn't come last?
I think it is the other way around. It is usually better to have the toilet last in the drain path.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks