Calling all Spigot Experts

Users who are viewing this thread

SluggoMagoo

Reaction score
How do I repair this type of spigot and does anybody know where the parts are stocked. I've been searching high and low but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• spigot-600_7612_649-s.JPG
    spigot-600_7612_649-s.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

SluggoMagoo

Reaction score
That looks pretty standard to me - but I'm not a pro.
HD carries repair kits with an assortment of rubber washers and seals. Is there a brass screw at the tip holding it together? Maybe something like this will work http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Home-Washer-Assortment-42-Piece-Kit-80817/203193513
I was looking at that same repair kit and it does have possibilities but, here's the issue. I have two of these with almost the same issue. The head of fastener that attaches the rubber seal onto the brass barrel is either beyond manageable or is part of the barrel I can't really tell. Trying to turn it could require a destructive force that could render the entire stem inoperative. The other one, the head is wore off completely yet the barrel is attached to the stem. Someone suggest that I soak it in CLR for a few hours and try turning it off. I'm going to do that this weekend.

SluggoMagoo

Reaction score
I was able to get one of them apart and there's no way to repair those anymore. After putting newer seals and packing inside it still leaks out of the stem. Called a plumber today. Having them do frost free on both. So far this spring it's been the expensive route. Oh well. Guess I'll have to do the Walmart greeter thing after retirement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks