Fleck 7000 sxt programming suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
I finally after lurking and needing a softener BADLY I bought and installed one . I might of gone overboard somewhat but I don't think too bad . I bought a fleck 7000 sxt 64,000 grain 2 cu ft .

Water hardness before install was 42 grains per gallon with the hach 5b kit. Afterwards I'm at 1-4 depending on different tests since installing the softener Sunday night .

I'm looking for suggesestions for

B1 - 10
BD - 60
B2 - 8
RR - 5
Bf - 40 ? Blfc is .25gpm

Dlfc is 3.5 gpm

Programmed for 64000 capacity . A little extra salt is not the end of the world , I would rather shy from efficiency to not have hard water or have a risk of running out of soft water .

Water usage is around 200 gallons per day .

Water source is personal well water.

Reach4

Reaction score
I might of gone overboard somewhat but I don't think too bad .
You definitely did not go overboard.

If well water, add 5 grains of hardness for each ppm of iron to compensate. I presume below that you don't have iron because you are on city water. Note when testing 42 grain hardness water, you want to test 1 part distilled and 1 part sample water. Then multiply the drops by 2.

To really be sure what the BD should be, it would be best to know the injector. It is rare that they would put in an injector that would require BD>60.

System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 8 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC : 0.25 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin : 2.0 ; Same as (nominal grains/32,000)
Raw hardness : 42.0 ; including iron etc
Estimated gal/day : 200.0 ; 60 gal per person typical calc Estimated days each regen : 5.2 ; presuming days each use reserve capacity

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = dF2b ; Downflw/Upflw, Double Backwash dFFF=brine first
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
C = 48.0 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 46 ; Hardness grains after compensation (unknown iron)
RS = cr ; Cr = base reserve on recent experience
CR = 0 ; 0 is default (leave it)
DO = 14 ; Day Override (typ 28 if no iron/Mn)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
B1 = 8 ; Backwash 1 (minutes)
Bd = 60 ; Brine draw minutes
B2 = 5 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)
RR = 10 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 21 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = t1.2 (usual) ; t1.2 is default flow meter

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score

If well water, add 5 grains of hardness for each ppm of iron to compensate. I presume below that you don't have iron because you are on city water. Note when testing 42 grain hardness water, you want to test 1 part distilled and 1 part sample water. Then multiply the drops by 2.

To really be sure what the BD should be, it would be best to know the injector. It is rare that they would put in an injector that would require BD>60.

Estimated gal/day : 200.0 ; 60 gal per person typical calc Estimated days each regen : 5.2 ; presuming days each use reserve capacity

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
CR = 0 ; 0 is default (leave it) This should not show up in the programming as it is a calculated reserve that the algorithm takes care of, it is not user programmable.
B2 = 3 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)
RR = 5 ; Rapid Rinse minutes

Reach4

Reaction score
CR = 0 ; 0 is default (leave it) This should not show up in the programming as it is a calculated reserve that the algorithm takes care of, it is not user programmable.

Thanks for that. I wondered.

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
CR = 0 ; 0 is default (leave it)
B2 = 5 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)
RR = 10 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
Injector says 00 on the back of the valve , but is there a quick way to look ? Plus I am on a well water , not city water So my day override should be 7 or 8 ?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
So my brine fill should be at 21 minutes and not 40 ? Because that's what it's at now is 40
I was computing for 8 pounds of salt per cuft of resin, so 16 pounds. To use 16 pounds, you need 16/3=5.33 gallons of water . To get 5.33, you need 5.33*4 =21.33 minutes. You should round up to 22 if you want extra margin. Also compare C. See
The blue injector in the video comes into view at time 1:01.

Injector says 00 on the back of the valve , but is there a quick way to look ?
Yes, look... #00 is violet. If you really have a #00, raise BD to 145 minutes, and request a #1 Injector - White (70 minutes) or
#2 Injector - Blue (usually used with 60 minutes, but 48 minutes would probably do the job)

Alternatively, time how long it takes to suck the brine. Also note the BF in effect when the brine was filled.

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
Ok I'll go physically look right now what injector I have , thanks for the info , I'll report back in a little bit

Bannerman

Reaction score
So my brine fill should be at 21 minutes and not 40 ?
The amount of brine needed, directly corresponds to the amount of usable capacity to be regenerated. The capacity to be used should not be the total capacity of the softener.

Your current 40 minute BF setting will restore 10 gallons into the brine tank which will dissolve 30 lbs salt. That salt dose is appropriate to regenerate 60,000 grains of capacity, not 64,000 grains.

The 16 lb salt dose recommended, is appropriate to regenerate 48,000 grains usable capacity which will result in a high salt efficiency of 3,000 grains per pound. To use 30 lbs to regenerate 60K grains results in a poor efficiency of only 2,000 grains per pound.

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
Ok I just looked , injector is clearly red , no idea what size that is , plus I am pretty sure there is a lot more than 5 gallons of water in my brine tank

Reach4

Reaction score
Ok I just looked , injector is clearly red , no idea what size that is , plus I am pretty sure there is a lot more than 5 gallons of water in my brine tank
#0 Injector - Red

For the BF= 22 minutes, I would use BF BD =110 minutes. That means your softener would be in bypass longer than usual, but it would be a little more efficient on the brine.

You could maybe reduce that. You could taste the drain water during BF, and see when it is no longer salty. Then use that time.

Last edited:

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
Ok so if I understand this correctly , you suggest settings as follows ....
Capacity 48,000
Hardness 46
Day over ride 7-8
B1 - 8
Bd - 60
B2 - 5
RR - 10
BF - 110 ( almost 2 hours ) x .25 gpm doesn't that equate to 27.5 gallons of water ? And a ton of salt used ?

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
Could you please explain also how the injector comes into play in this whole process and calculating time so I better understand the size affect plays on the u it

Plus real world water usage per day I would bet is closer to 150 than 200 ( gotta convince wife clothes aren't dirty if u just try them on haha)

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Could you please explain also how the injector comes into play in this whole process and calculating time so I better understand the size affect plays on the u it
The injector first acts as a venturi pump to draw out the brine. That takes a calibrated time, and your red one draws about 0.23 gallons per minute. You put in about 5.5 gallons of water during the previous BF, which turned into about 6.35 gallons of brine.

It will take time to draw out your brine. When the brine has been drawn, the air check valve closes. The injector continues to dribble water over the resin bed. That is the slow rinse time. The slow rinse should be about 3x the time it took to draw the brine, so the BD cycle would be set to about 4x the time it takes to draw the brine.

You could perhaps get by with less than a 4x factor. A 3X factor may be enough.

I am probably over-complicating it.

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
So it's brine draw should be 110 , or brine fill should be 110 ?
I know u said brine fill 110 , but isn't that what fills my brine tank and x .25gpm isn't that 27.5 gallons of water and would dissolve 82 lbs of salt ? Or am I way off

Thinktwicez71

Reaction score
Ok I'm pretty sure u meant brine draw 110 even tho u typed bf 110 ,

So I used

Capacity 48,000
Hardness 46
B1 -10
BD- 110
B2 - 5
RR - 10
BF - 22

Reach4

Reaction score
confusion deleted.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
I never said I had iron . Let alone 6ppm of it , are u messing with me ?
He appears to be confusing you with another poster.

Do you have lab test results? IF there is any iron, each 1 ppm is equivalent to 5 grains/gallon of softener capacity. Whatever iron equivalency to hardness is added to the actual hardness amount and is programmed as compensated hardness.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks