Delta Delex, identifying bathroom faucet brand and cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

FMDSF

Reaction score
Can someone identify the faucet shown? Can someone identify the cartridge?

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked at so many online photos, but have not been able to identify my faucet and cartridge type.

Attachments

• multi-view_cartridge_20170328.jpg
    multi-view_cartridge_20170328.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 852
  • faucet_front_20170328.jpg
    faucet_front_20170328.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 782
  • faucet_side_20170328.jpg
    faucet_side_20170328.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 826

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
probably Valley. They used a "swan spout" like that. The ruler is in just the WRONG place to see if it has a small "pedestal" that it sets on. A photo of the "seat and spring" from the inside of the body would be the determining factor as to whether it is Delta or Valley. (Actually, the stems from the two are interchangeable, as long as you do NOT have lever handles.)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I installed two of those in my parents home in 1975. Delta Delex.
I was going to take a picture tonight of them as I was visiting my mother, but forgot to take the picture.
I've only replaced the stems one time in 42 years. Maybe I could have gotten away with just the rubber seal and spring package, but I figure why not new stems while you have them out.

delta-delex-faucet.jpg

Last edited:

FMDSF

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your input!

As you may have guessed, I'm dealing with a leaky faucet. I think that I've got the leak solved now.

I bought the cartridge shown in the photo, but I ended up not installing the cartridge. The original cartridge is much sturdier, so I used it. I did take the spring and rubber piece from the new cartridge set, and replaced the old ones that were installed in the faucet. The old ones are what are actually shown in the photo. It was only today that I even noticed the spring and rubber piece in the faucet, as they were pushed down, and not very visible.

I did not replace the O-ring.

Bottom-line: all seems to be okay now.

If I need to repair a similar leak in the future, I'll first look to replace the spring and rubber piece, and possibly the O-ring, just as Terry suggested. I'll keep using the original cartridge as long as it works well.

Attachments

• cartridge_replacement_20170329.jpg
    cartridge_replacement_20170329.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 721

helpme

Reaction score
Can someone identify the faucet shown? Can someone identify the cartridge?

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked at so many online photos, but have not been able to identify my faucet and cartridge type.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks