Toto S350e fan noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Jcanavera

Reaction score
We've had a Toto S350e for over 3 years now and we have been happy with the unit. I have noticed however that the fan that turns on when you sit on the seat has grown louder over time. We keep the plastic filter unit clean although I did pull the seat and found considerable debris in the housing where the filter sits. I assumed that this was the cause of the louder fan but after cleaning out that area, the noise remained. Is there a way to access the fan itself? I'm assuming it's probably some type of squirrel cage but before I go any further, I was just curious if the louder fan is just the nature of the unit itself as it ages.

MAF 143

Reaction score
Sometimes debris can stick to the vanes of the squirrel cage causing an imbalance. Remove the filter and blow through the in and out ports with air in a can to see if that may clean out any debris that may be lodged in there and causing the noise. That would be an easy place to start.

Reaction score
sometimes debris can stick to the vanes of the squirrel cage causing an imbalance. Remove the filter and blow through the in and out ports with air in a can to see if that may clean out any debris that may be lodged in there and causing the noise. That would be an easy place to start.
I also have fan noise, but I am having a problem getting the filter out! I have pulled but it comes out maybe 1/4" then hangs up. The manual is not very helpful other than warning about pulling too hard and breaking it! Is there a catch somewhere that needs to be released? Thanks for taking the time to help me.

MAF 143

Reaction score
Unless the manual says there is a release it should just pull out. It may be tight if it hasn't been removed before. Wiggle it around as you pull and it should just come out.

Cork

Reaction score
We've had a Toto S350 e for over 3 years now and we have been happy with the unit. I have noticed however that the fan that turns on when you sit on the seat has grown louder over time. We keep the plastic filter unit clean although I did pull the seat and found considerable debris in the housing where the filter sits. I assumed that this was the cause of the louder fan but after cleaning out that area, the noise remained. Is there a way to access the fan itself? I'm assuming it's probably some type of squirrel cage but before I go any further, I was just curious if the louder fan is just the nature of the unit itself as it ages.
Over time, my Toto Washlet developed very annoying fan vibration noise. The problem was vibration of the black plastic housing around the exhaust filter (Toto THU9172 Deodorizer Catalyst). Remove the filter cover and jam some cardboard under the black housing—problem solved. Easy solution that took me a year to figure out.

Cork

Reaction score
Over time, my Toto Washlet developed very annoying fan vibration noise. The problem was vibration of the black plastic housing around the exhaust filter (Toto THU9172 Deodorizer Catalyst). Remove the filter cover and jam some cardboard under the black housing—problem solved. Easy solution that took me a year to figure out.
You can also turn off the deodorizer fan with the remote control. Refer to the instruction manual. But the cardboard trick worked well for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks