Vertical duct bathroom exhaust fan

Users who are viewing this thread

kisianik

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for the choices for an existing vertical duct exhaust fans. Quick search through Home Depot shows only 3 options of Broan fans like this one

91Sg9wvmKTL._SL1500_.jpg

People complain a lot about noise of those fans, does anything else exists in this category? My existing ventilation duct is vertical, straight to the roof, can not change it.

Any quick help/direction would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How long is the duct? If you have enough space, had you considered a remote, in-line fan? This moves the actual motor into the attic, away from the room, and most of those are also made with better motor/blade assemblies and also decouples it with the rigid opening in the ceiling. The one I have, unless you listen very carefully, you wouldn't know it was on. FanTech is one of the better known companies. Mine is part of a SolaTube, tubular skylight. I haven't checked out all of the Panasonic line, but those also tend to be very quiet. I put one into my mother's house, and it is also very hard to tell that it's running unless you look at the idiot light on the switch.

FWIW, most of them will work with a long sweep 90-degree elbow on them. You need to look at the max length calculations, and a 90 adds some to the 'effective' length of the duct run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks