how to properly do drain for the washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Akrunner

Reaction score
Hello everyone . Just a heads up English is my 3rd language so its sometimes difficult to explain myself.
I am in a process of adding a washer and dryer into my garage. I have located the closest location for the drain. tore the drywall off and noticed that I have 2 copper drain pipes in my way. Everything is just hanging on the walls just to show the location. I have couple questions.
1. Can I cut the copper drain pipes right where the white tape is and run a quick connect with Pex pipes that way I can move it to the back so it doesn't interfere with the drain pipe? Or what would be the best way to correct this issue? (where the galvanized metal is there are concrete steps on the other side)
2. Hot and cold water will be coming from the top. Am I able to T off the hot and cold on my water heater since its the closest water supply?
3. Do I need to have air vent going to the roof, or trap is sufficient enough to keep the smell out? I have 2nd floor above. Its possible to install a vent but it will be a long run.
4. On the other side of the water heater wall i have a shower and the pipe pictured is a toilet drain pipe coming straight down from 2nd floor. Can I connect my washer drain to it? Also looking under the house to the right from the toilet drain pipe I have my kitchen drain pipe maybe 10f away.
20170323_135123.jpg

20170323_135100.jpg
20170323_135006.jpg

20170323_134741.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks