New Softener Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt1254

Reaction score
Hello, I've been getting some quotes for a new water softener install and wanted to see if I could get some feedback on pricing and equipment options. Best quote so far is from a local independent dealer offering a Rayne Versa 1.5cf softener with Filtrex media. Price with install out the door including a under-sink RO system is $2750. I have not been able to find much info on the Filtrex media, but I was told that it sits above the resin media and can be changed out separately from the resin. I'm not sure if this stuff actually works or if it is marketing hype. I was told the Filtrex would have to be changed every 4-5 years.

Water at our house is 10gpg, water quality report can be found here: http://cityofripon.org/UserFiles/Se...overnment/Documents/Public Works/2015 CCR.pdf

What questions should I be asking at this point? Does this sound like a fair price? Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks