Can you use brass elbow on braided faucet supplies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Atomic1

Reaction score
I have a double sink vanity with an open bottom up against an exterior wall, and I'm trying to find a way to route the braided flex lines up through the center portion of the vanity from angle stops located in the floor there. It looks like it will work with the exception of one turn that may be a little too tight. As such, is there any problem with using a 3/8" 90 degree elbow with these flex lines? I'm assuming this would be similar to the elbows on some dishwasher kits?

Last edited:

Trump the Plumber

Reaction score
Nobody knew plumbing could be so complicated. You can use 90's on that. I say this all the time. Believe me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomic1

Reaction score
CountryBumpkin, this is just the flexible portion of the water service after the angle stop. My main water system in the house is 1/2".

Ok, so it sounds like I can just use the 3/8" elbow with compression connectors on both ends in conjunction with the rubber seal connectors from the flex lines.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Absolutely.
I was thinking that 1/2" line to the fixtures were more typical, and I just wanted you to be sure of the size before you went out and bought your fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks