Does anyone know this filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

DaniRS1776

Reaction score
I need to replace the filter on my well pump but I don't know what kind of filter was installed and the company that put it in is now out of business. It's either the sediment filter or the carbon post filter according to the invoice in my files, but I can't really tell the difference
IMG_5597.JPG

It's about an inch in diameter and was added to the pump post installment for extra filtration. Can anyone tell what the actual make of this filter is or if there is a worthwhile equivalent I could buy instead?
IMG_5596.JPG
IMG_8482.JPG

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I had one of those in a previous life, and have a replacement cartridge and body for it packed away somewhere. If you really want to know the name, let me know and I can find it. But the reason I have the replacement spin-on body is the drain broke off when I tried to drain it. So I agree with dittohead; go with the Lakos.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We are now using the Atlas Hydra and the Lakos Twist II Clean. SO far I am very impressed with the Hydra. A little more expensive but it can be automated and the base housing has a much higher pressure rating. Either way you cant go wrong.

hydra.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks