Water Not Flowing Into House, Is It The Pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

SovietAgentBor

Reaction score
The water to my house stopped flowing, at first I thought it was the pressure switch due to the inability of it to turn on when the breaker was on. I replaced the pressure switch, and flipped the breaker. The pump roared to life but after ten minutes there was not a trickle in the open faucets of the house. I replaced the entire water tank only to have the same problems. I'm now efforting to dismantle the pump, I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the impeller.

I think I need to drain the priming compartment first but I don't know how; I'm unable to find the right socket wrench fitting, size 8 is almost right but it slips when turned; I tried an adjustable wrench but that slips too. I think that the bolt has lost enough definition that nothing will fit it properly. My next plan is to use my dremel and make a slit along the head of the bolt so I can use a flat-head screw driver on it.

The jet pump is ES05S Star Water Systems pump.

I would like to know how to disassemble the pump and solve the problem.

Attachments

• pump 001.JPG
    pump 001.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 267
  • pump 002.JPG
    pump 002.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 249
  • pump 003.JPG
    pump 003.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 262
  • stubborn nut.JPG
    stubborn nut.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 272
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks