Toto toilet seat hinge cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Heather Froggie

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the hinge cover from a toto toilet seat, we are renting and I have never had a seat with a hinge cover. I can smell it needs to be cleaned under there.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A small thin blade will pop them up. The hinge on the covers are on the outside of the seat, so the blade goes on the inside location.
You may also be able to unthread the nuts from below and lift the entire seat up.

ss114_02.jpg

Heather Froggie

Reaction score
A small thin blade will pop them up. The hinge on the covers are on the outside of the seat, so the blade goes on the inside location.
You may also be able to unthread the nuts from below and lift the entire seat up.

ss114_02.jpg
Thank you, I managed to break the rubber washer/tube that holds the threaded part so now I'm off to get a new one lol, yay

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks