Square to Round Duct Transition - Cannot find anywhere??

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
In remodeling my bathroom I had to convert a 6"x6" square duct underneath the floor joists in the basement to flex so I can get around my new toiler drain. I cannot for the life of me find a 6"x6" square to 6" round transition anywhere.

Do I need to fabricate one myself? I don't know what to do.

I am aware that a 6" round duct is smaller than 6"x6" square by ~20%. It feeds the foyer which I have kept the damper nearly closed anyways because it gets very hot/cold in that location.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Somewhere in the basement you'll need to cap off the end of the square duct with insulated board and foil tape. Then cut a six in round hole and use this starting collar. The little tabs are bent back to hold it in place.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/6-in-Starting-Collar-Take-Off-Snap-Together-SCF6/100396966

63d8d059-ba3b-45c6-b689-bdd2de2f37e9_145.jpg
f12b5489-5cb5-46e1-a54c-a5776967d5ed_145.jpg
5fe4941c-eb9b-4cf2-95d1-9a40ca0c1602_145.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw the ceiling register boot but thought it would take some hacking to get it to work.

I'm beginning to realize that with ductwork pretty isn't really important, sometimes you just do what you can and use a lot of tape to cover it up. That sounds about right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks