Two Droplets of drain cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Please, be VERY CAREFUL with drain cleaning chemicals. If your drain is clogged, we recommend that you call a plumber. If you've used chemicals before calling a professional, LET THEM KNOW. These are strong and dangerous solutions and need to be respected if used. Best option is to leave them on the shelf at the home center and call a professional.

Warning, graphic pictures of a burned hand below
https://twodropletsblog.wordpress.com/

JosephJo

Reaction score
Thank you for this post. I just moved to my new home and I have some drain and basement problems. Glad that I saw this now. My wife was asking me to get chemical cleaners for the drains.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Terry, when Chemicals are used I have a surcharge added a minimum of of $75 for a fixture and $100 for main sewers as these chemicals cannot only cause problems for people working on them it also shortens the life of the cables

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry, when Chemicals are used I have a surcharge added a minimum of of $75 for a fixture and $100 for main sewers as these chemicals cannot only cause problems for people working on them it also shortens the life of the cables

Hi Sylvan,
That's good to know. I don't own drain cleaning equipment and I refer that out. I do like to tell people not to use chemicals, and if they do, to let the drain cleaner know before they start. It's not something to be taken lightly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks