Toilet placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarniscipus

Reaction score
Question with toilet placement.

MN PC 402.5 Setting states that "no water closet shall be placed closer than 15" from its center to a sidewall or obstruction" - how do I interpret this code for setting a toilet under the following two circumstances:

1) Is a toilet paper holder an "obstruction" for the 15" minimum - do I need to remove the toilet paper holder for an inspection?

2) If a vanity is 15" away from the toilet centerline at seat height AND at tank height , but the vanity top overhangs 1" making this top 14" from the toilet, is this in violation of code? I'm curious because the toilet tank sits below the vanity overhang, so I cannot draw a line between any point of the toilet to the vanity top 14" away, it would be making a measurement from a hypothetical centerline extending above the toilet.

Thanks!!!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks