Wilkins 975xl Flow/Pressure Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

dblackburn

Reaction score
I have a Wilkins 975xl backflow preventer. It is removed every winter and passes its test before every spring. That said - my sprinkle output is very weak. Each time I run the sprinklers I have to shut off the water coming from the Wilkins and open the three relief valves. This can be done in any order - once all three are open - I shut them off one at a time - open the water valve back up - and my sprinklers run just fine.....

Once done all 5 zones run normally. There are no visible leaves from the preventer.

Thoughts?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Has it always done this? I have a Wilkins BF also, not sure of the model #, but your description is quite similar to mine, and I have never had this problem. I will be following this thread to see if there you get an answer to your question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks