Need Help for prego momma

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparkchasing

Reaction score
I need advice on how to fix the current drain installation in a full bathroom. I am not sure where to start other than throw up a lot of pics and an iso I drew up and go from there. There are numerous issues that I see, but I'd really like to get it all squared away the first time, before walls go up. I know the washer trap is way too low, that should be upstairs I think (easier, no basin/pump/etc). As well as the lav not currently having a proper vent(wet vent 10-12 ft away). What do I do with the vent on the w/c? vent off the backside of the whole enchilada and tie in upstairs? I've been through countless posts and I can't quite figure it all out. Trying to help out the pregnant mom living in the apartment. I can do the work for her, just need the intelligence. Please help, I could really use the wisdom to keep the cost and time down, as you can see there's a long way to go for this gal.
Plumbing.jpg
20160930_172757.jpg
20160930_172806.jpg
20160930_172834.jpg
20160930_173012.jpg
20160930_172958.jpg

Sparkchasing

Reaction score
Plumbing.jpg
I know the lav should be vented and that is easy enough to go straight up and in the meantime fixing the stub out. Coming out of the wall rather than the floor.

Sparkchasing

Reaction score
Working on it sir, not the creator, just battin' cleanup. I notice all the vert>horizontal transitions need to be swapped in favor of 45/wye combos, as well as vent 90's for full sweeps and i'm working on the vent plan now. I am up to this so far, it looks like I might be redoing a good portion of this setup. Just trying to ease the pain.

Plumbing2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally a toilet would be downstream of anything wet vented. Also a washer should be downstream.

index.php

A washer or a kitchen sink are not included in wet venting. Only bathroom fixtures on the same floor.
A washer and a kitchen sink put out too much water, too fast, to be used as wet vents.
A bathroom lav, tub, or shower can wet vent a toilet.
A bathroom lav can wet shower or tub.
A washer can't wet vent anything.
A toilet can't wet vent anything.

I bring in the toilets downstream of the rest. The arm for a toilet to the vent can be six feet.

Sparkchasing

Reaction score
Okay, after reviewing those situations I wonder if it would be easier to dry vent all traps via vertical runs? Can the toilet stay end of run if all are dry vented?
Plumbingdryvent.jpg

Sparkchasing

Reaction score
I appreciate the input, it has helped a lot with setting up a new plan. Do you think this is a workable solution for venting? This would be mostly all dry venting, but trying to utilize up-sized wet venting to eliminate the length restrictions. Am I missing anything. Please and thank you again, I know you have better things to do on Saturday morning.
Plumbingdryvent.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks