Furnace blower bearing isolaters....

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfsmith48

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got another interesting problem. (At least to me.)

45 year old Lennox furnace, model G10-165-1.

Furnace and blower run fine, but the blower makes a lot of noise when running.

I got it apart this AM. There are 2 sets of rubber isolaters: Small rubber pads at the pivot point for the motor frame: They appear to be OK. Larger rubber donuts that isolate the main bearings from the motor frame. They appear to be very dried out, with some cracking.

Does anyone have a go-to supplier for Lennox products this old? I spoke with several Web vendors this AM, they didn't laugh at me, but had no help...

All advice is appreciated.

Rog
720 326 7296

Rfsmith48

Reaction score
Thanks DonL,

The bearings themselves seem to be fine. The rubber isolation donut is shot on the drive side, not much better on the opposite side.

I have found one website with (Apparently) the replacement parts. It looks like I will have to buy the bearings to get the isolation donuts.

Thanks again,

Rog

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks