Moving kitchen sink to another location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tear

Reaction score
How can I move my kitchen sink to a different location(wall)? My basement is unfinished so I'm assuming I can reroute the waterline from thr basement. Pretty much I'm a newbie and have no idea what to do. My sources are from youtube.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You ought be able to work it out. It depends on how high the existing drain is located and what obsticals do you have? Are you going to vent it out the roof? Also if you want to do it to code, it helps us if you list the general area of where you live. Most states in the USA have some differences in their code, even some cities have more strengent requirements. There are people from all over the world here so a location can make a big difference.

sink_dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tear

Reaction score
You ought be able to work it out. It depends on how high the existing drain is located and what obsticals do you have? Are you going to vent it out the roof? Also if you want to do it to code, it helps us if you list the general area of where you live. Most states in the USA have some differences in their code, even some cities have more strengent requirements. There are people from all over the world here so a location can make a big difference.

The area is Neenah,WI 54956.
And what the heck, I never even knew that sink has a vent? Oh my, obviously I'm on a low budget and want to do this myself. Any tips for new beginners?

Tear

Reaction score
The area is Neenah,WI 54956.
And what the heck, I never even knew that sink has a vent? Oh my, obviously I'm on a low budget and want to do this myself. Any tips for new beginners?
But yes, a vent can be place through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks