Fixture advice for a two-person shower remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

brothermo

Reaction score
Hello. First time to this forum. I was hoping to get some guidance on valve selection for a shower remodel.

The new shower will have two fixed showerheads and a hand shower. I would like the showerheads to operate independently of one another (they will be supplied separately). I would like the hand shower to be controlled by one of the shower valves, with the option to have the hand shower on at the same time as the showerhead, on without the showerhead being on as well, or off altogether.

I am planning on separate supplies and pressure balancing valves for the two showerheads. Is a transfer valve what I need to accomplish the scenario above? If there are other ways to think about this arrangement, please let me know.

The showerheads and trim will be from the Kohler Purist line, with valves to match. I’ll put the specific model numbers I’m considering below. The current water lines run through the attic and are very accessible. The cold water line is a ¾” (with ½” lines plumbed off of it), the hot is ½”.

Kohler Fixtures (so far):

K-T14422-4-CP (Purist shower faucet trim with shower heads and shower arms) – 2 of these

K-304-KS (pressure balancing valve with stops) – 2 of these

Thanks very much for reading! If there is more information I need to provide, let me know.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You may want to consider that the max recommended flow for 1/2 copper is less than what is needed to operate 2 shower heads. PEX is even less. If you had 3/4 copper for hot and cold, then it would be adequate to plumb 2 standard shower valves for 2 heads,

brothermo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. We plan to plumb for a 3/4 supply on the hot side.

Can anyone give guidance on which fixtures (besides shower valves) I need to accomplish the scenario I described (hand shower on with or without shower head)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks