Pfister shower / tub body sticking out too far

Users who are viewing this thread

Gd31

Reaction score
So this is obviously too far out. Can I push this back 1" and some how make it work? If so how?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 631

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On a new valve, there's often what is referred to as a plaster guard, or some plastic piece with min/max markings on it. The finished wall MUST be within those markings for the trim to fit, and while it might fit, you may not like how it looks at one end or the other, so to get the positioning you prefer, you'd have to mock it up then set the valve body where it needs to go. But, as I said, the trim will fit if you're between the min/max.

You have to remove the blocking, and recess the valve some to get things to fit. You should not try to bend the pipes. It appears you have what is often referred to as a 'thin wall' installation, and that often relies on the plaster guard being used (it's often discarded after the wall is up) as a brace on the back side of the wall to help anchor the valve to the thin, often flexible wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks