Attaching to a concrete block wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Semon

Reaction score
Shop wall putting another room on it. The new room is 28" below the shop wall slab.
I need to attach the new wall to the old wall there is a foot between them. I'm going to pour a cap from one to the other but want it to be tied to the shop. what is the best way to do that?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are several ways to attach things onto a concrete. Which one depends pretty much on how much weight will be supported. For example, when I attach an outlet/switch box, I first drill 5/16" hole the lead inserts and #12 screws. When I need to support a walk way I drill 1/2" holes and used expansion bolts. After 8 years they're still holding strong. Some people like Tapcon bolts, I don't, but that my opinion. Helps to have a hammer/drill to do my system.

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you asking how to tie the new slab or a new wall to the foundation wall of the existing structure, such as by getting rebar into the existing foundation wall before pouring the new slab or wall?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's rebar, then you must drill holes in the old wall for the rebar. Again, not to hard with a rotary hammer drill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks