Sink into end of run vent??

Users who are viewing this thread

Gamblor

Reaction score
Hi all,
Was lurking for an answer all morning and decided to sign up and post my question.
I'm currently renovating the basement. I hired a plumber to move the laundry room fixtures into same room as the bathroom rough-ins. Bathroom/Laundry room is finished and working/looking great.
Moving on to my problem...
I'm going to put a small kitchenette where the Old Laundry room was. I'm going to have to cut the existing pipe and raise the assembly to allow for cabinets and P-trap for a small bar sink.
My question is
Drainline4.gif
Is the existing set up allowable? ie. Can I just cut and raise (probably switching to ABS) in a similar configuration?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, you can reuse the same layout.
The kitchen should have 2" until you reduce it with a 2.0" x 1.5" x 1.5" santee.
The vent continues up to the next floor, the the upper kitchen drops in below the lower kitchen, basicly like what you have now.

Gamblor

Reaction score
Perfect, Thank-you very much Terry.
I assumed it would be O.K. but wasn't 100% sure if it was up to code and/or there was a better way to re-plumb while I had it cut apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks